IGNORED

BMW's

Bubbajbi

Guest KitCarson
always jumping in front of the bus, huh, kit?

one of these days , you're gonna get plastered! i respect a man , who says what he is thinking, more than one ,who says what he THINKS you want to hear.

lol

just jt

Hi Ya ! Hipshot........I have been plastered before........both ways lol!! I am full of mischief sometimes........but have never met a stranger or a bad person until they prove that to me. Just thought the BMW fellows were getting hammered a little hard, and as far as technology goes......the BMW is years ahead of anyone else. Respectfully Kit

As I recall, the Beemer riders I ran into during those years were mostly just interested in one thing. !! Racking UP Lots of MILES. And changing a lot of Tires, and doing a lot of Valve Adjusting !!!

I remember hearing about one guy, who had 3 Million Miles on a 1966 model, and it was still going, that was around 1995, I read the story about him. ( as I remember he was in his 80's then )

As I recall, he claimed a valve job every 50K, and a lower End Overhaul every 1 million miles. He always kept a Spare Set of Heads ready to install, at 50K, so as not to have more then one day of down time.

as well as i can remember, i have only seen one bmw.

it is brand new (2008), it belongs to a cycle cop, who works in houston, texas.

he lives in victoria texas, and COMMUTES 140+ miles , one way, EVERY WORK DAY!!!!!!!, rain or shine!

heck of a nice guy.

only has a couple of more years, to retirement. was born and raised here, so he wants to get his "lakeside retirement home" just as comfortable as possible, before the big day.

would you all believe, he would rather spend his days off, fishing, than riding?????

i got nothing, against anyone who rides, either for work, or recreation.

just jt

Phaedrus - I'm afraid to ask....what do you shoot with that gun you are holding in your signature?

Very Respectfully yours,

The answer is, whatever I want. That is a 50 caliber gun that is tipically mounted on top of a hummer, truck, or SUV. The reality is that at $1.50 a round when I load them myself with re-used brass, I don't shoot much. The good news is, whatever I hit stays down.

My '86 VR has what I want for the most part, and I like the looks. I like a frame mounted fairing and hard luggage. But I know soon I will probably want something newer, so since Yamaha doesn't make anything like that anymore, and neither does Harley really (their one frame mounted fairing bike is ugly to me) and for some reason I don't aspire to a Wing, that leaves the BMW K1200LT touring bike.

I have been looking at used ones on e-bay to get an idea of values, and they seem to be about the same as wings. Would like to ride one.

If I ever get one I promise I will wave at all of you, be nice and never forget all the "little" people! LOL

Bill, I wish for once you would tell us how you really feel!

:225:

i'm probably considered one of the ultmate road ragers.can't handle stupidity ,mostly in a car,when it involves mine and my wifes safety. the drivers nowadays don't care about anyone but there self. could never have that 50 cal. gun mounted on my car.lol :2133:

The answer is, whatever I want. That is a 50 caliber gun that is tipically mounted on top of a hummer, truck, or SUV. The reality is that at $1.50 a round when I load them myself with re-used brass, I don't shoot much. The good news is, whatever I hit stays down.

Yessir!

There is a very popular food joint near here that caters mainly to bikers during the Spring and Summer months. Bikers ride in from all over the State to have breakfast and lunch there.

As many times as I have been there (which is a lot) it is always easy to spot the BMW riders. They come in together,park their scoots away from all other bikes,and lastly, walk around with their noses so high in the air they can't see where they are planting their feet. Now all that in itself does NOT make all BMW riders a bunch of snooty so and so's but I will not go out of my way to offer a gesture of friendship.....and I won't stop to help one on the road either as I have seen many roll right by other disabled bikers and not stop to offer assistance. What goes around comes around as they say.......

okay,heres a true beemer story.i was into cushman scooters big time several years ago.i had a 58 eagle with a briggs vanguard v- twin.it was very fast.me and some friends were riding our scoots in the country and i looked in my rear view mirror ans saw a group of beemers .we were on a long hill.to make a long story short i blew there doors off on the hill.we stopped at a tavern down the rode and they were blown away by our scooters.could'nt believe how fast mine was.turned out to be a really nice bunch from up north. we left the tavern first and one of my buddies ran out of gas.here came the beemers.they stopped and siphoned some gas out of there tanks and got us on the road again.i used to make fun of beemer guys but that changed my opinion. like i said the bike don't make the rider.bill :2133:

DYNODON you get a chance to ride one you will fall in love with it.

The NAVIGATOR did not like the way the trunk and seat set on her back and bum or we would of owned one.

For me it was a great feeling bike and kinda looks like a first gen and that is were my appeal came from.

Very smooth and adjusting the windshield as your riding is very nice not to mention the brakes.

I had to get used to them in the dealer lot before they let me take it out.

That is another thing that is cool about the dealership.

They said take it out and be back before we close.

WOW it was 10:30am they closed at 8pm so we rode for about 5 hrs and I really thought it was going to be our next bike.

But if mommas not comfy and happy I knew I was not going to be.

If it was only going to be me on the bike I could of been happy being a 1% er.:rotf::rotf::rotf:.......................Ron

i looked at the beemer at a dealer in oklahoma city last year ,and was very impressed with everything but the price.the salesman even said he would deliver it to st.louis for free. i was tempted but was very satified with my rstd.they are very top of the line bikes, with lots of gimicks that aren't neccesary such as the electric center stand.i may have one someday but can't see it in the near future. :)

I am not trying to slam BMW riders, I was just wondering if I was the only one that has encountered this and if maybe BMW tries to instill a sense of superiority in thier customers. I still wave at them when I ride and wouldn't hesitate to help out a stranded BMW scoot. I have ridden with several and like I said before there is only one that I have know who did not act like a jerk. That is not to say that they are all jerks, that is just my experience. I know that the "idiot" gene is spread all over the motorcycle brands. I am sure that somewhere out there, there is a Venture owner who is a real a&& hole. Ok, probably not but you get the picture. Don't hate me for bringing this up. Maybe we could all use this to pass the word to the "decent" BMW riders out there to start waving and being part of the brotherhood. It's worth a shot.

:bighug:

You said you wouldn't hesitate to help out a BMW driver broken down with his scoot. You should know Brent that BMW's don't break down, at least that's what they'll probably tell you, lol. To be honest, I don't think I've ever seen a BMW broke down alone the road. There's only one bike that holds that title. :whistling:Anyway, I sometimes wonder if I'd change if I could afford a 25-30 thousand dollar bike. :confused24: But like everybody said, it's not the bike, its the driver! ! !..........just my :2cents: worth :duck:.

... But like everybody said, it's not the bike, its the driver! ! !..........just my :2cents: worth :duck:.

I will agree with you there! However, I cannot justify spending 35-40k on a motorcycle and if I was to spend that much, I would buy 2 or three yamaha's before I would buy a BMW. I have ridden two BMWs and was not impressed with either on. They both felt WAY too top heavy and it felt like my feet were too far back and my hands too low. Unlike other bikes, you are stuck having no way to adjust the handlebars or footrests. I guess it works for some guys but not for me. But to each his own. Ride what you like.