A guy I know, named Bill was at the game.

He went to sit down and noticed an empty seat bside him.

He couldn't believe the seat would be empty for game 7 of the Stanley Cup!

The gentleman beside the empty seat explained that his wife had just died and that the empty seat was hers.

Bill asked him "couldn't you give the seat to any of your friends?"

The gentleman replied..."nah...they are all at the funeral!"

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I was rooting for Vancouver!

As a Vancouverite, I am proud of the season the Canucks had, while being naturally disappointed by the final result. Thomas was awesome!

The events following the game were disgusting. It seems certain that the perpetrators of the rioting were not Canucks fans, but rather idiots who came with an agenda prepared to cause havoc, regardless of the result of the game.

Police should have no trouble finding the individuals, as there must be thousands of pictures taken by people in the crowd as well as TV and surveillance cameras.

Once again, the actions of a few will taint the impression the world will have of this amazing place I call home.

Congratulations, Boston!

"I guess I'll never understand the mentality that caused one to feel justified in destroying some strangers life over a sporting event."

Somebody got killed?? Hadn't heard that but, if so, that is sad and bizarre. It has become common these days for hooded hooligans dressed in black from other places to attend major events just to cause mayhem: Like the soccer hooligans in England who follow their teams around Europe just to create a brawl at every game. It is their form of entertainment. Their tactic is to infiltrate the assembled crowds and instigate. Given the amount of booze that flows at these events it is no surprise that some of the other senseless youths join in. They also attended the G8/G20 in Toronto and caused all sorts of problems for the ploice there.

Anyway, congratulations to the Bruins. They were definitely the dominant team throughout. When Vancouver beat them they only won by one goal. But, never forget that Boston had a distinct advantage: 14 of their players are Canadians! :whistling::stickinouttounge: Vancouver's hopes were pinned on a couple of Swedes and a goal tender (also a Vezina trophy contender by the way) who wilted under pressure. :(

But hey, I'm happy for Boston, particularly their loyal fans. :bighug:

Cheers all. See you next year for the rematch Boston.....................I hope.

Cliff :sick:

Edited by slipstreamer

Somebody got killed?? Hadn't heard that but, if so, that is sad and bizarre.

Cliff :sick:

I did not mean to imply that some one died, I do not know if that happened or not, but there were people injured that will have to live with those injuries, shop owners had their livelihood destroyed, this will have long term effects on their lives also.

I hope there is enough video to catch the jerks.

I am almost embarassed to say that I live here after that disgusting display of stupidity last night. Young people, booze, and drugs ... not a good representation of true Canucks fans and Vancouverties in general.

I have heard that there was a group that planned to riot no matter win or lose. It seems one guy took his old beater of a car in to town intending to set it on fire. Was seen pouring accelerant on it. There was a group of four or five guys seen all dressed in black and wearing black balaclavas that torched the other cars. Don't know if it is true or not but could have been pre planned.