IGNORED

Home from a long week and now off to PA

Freebird

Seems I've hardly been able to catch my breath since maintenance day. Had just enough time on Sunday evening and Monday morning to sort of get things put away and then had to leave for Indianapolis to set up for a trade show. The show lasted through Saturday at 4:00 and then by the time I got the booth torn down and packed up and made the 5 hour drive home, I got here about 11:30 last night. Now I'm home today but have to leave for a week in the DuBois and State College area of Pennsylvania first thing tomorrow morning.

I tell you, I am really tired of the constant travel and would love to find a good job that would allow me to be home every night but in this economy and at my age, that's not likely so "I owe, I owe so off to work I go". :)

Due to the show and etc., haven't been on much since maintenance day but hopefully things will start calming down a bit now. I did manage to get two new tires ordered this week and called Chad at Pioneer to take advantage of the good deal that he is offering on brake pads so they are on the way to me also. I intended to pick them up while he was here but completely forgot about them.

Looks like it's going to rain here today so about all I can do is stay in the house and rest. I'm not too disappointed in that.

Hey Don,

Jean and I are 30 minutes from State College. If you are up for a home cooked meal, a quiet room all to yourself, and Air Conditioning! We would LOVE to have you stay as long as you need to. No Pressure, just an offer. When on the road, a place to hang your hat, and a familiar face is comfort indeed. We don't happen to have any "Black Death", but do have a supply of Genuine, homemade South Carolina "Apple Smash", guaranteed o put a smile on your face! The drinking offer is not mandatory, the relaxing part is though! :thumbsup2:

Earl and Jean

If you're staying the night in Dubois, give Brenda (Pinkie) and me a call. We go to the Hitching Post on Liberty Blvd ( RT 219 ) every Monday night for wings. Would love to see ya.

Or......we could build a fire and sit around and BS at our house.

Edited by jointventure

I don't remember seeing that you were going to be in Indy. You may not have had any leisure time, but then again maybe some of us could have gotten together and extended some Hoosier hospitality. :95: Maybe at least :97: and a donut?

Thanks folks. I will be in Dubois at least for tonight, maybe all week, won't know for sure until I get there.

Earl, thanks for the invitation and if I see that I'm going to have the time, I'll get in touch and try to at least stop by for a visit.

Ric, I may well show up tonight for Wings.

Mel, trade shows never leave me any time for visiting and the company sends somebody from the home office to help out and I always have to take them to dinner and etc. I was staying right downtown. Gave my keys to the valet at the hotel and didn't even see my car again until Saturday.