IGNORED

Dangerous Harley Rider

ediddy

LOL... and while I was waiting at the Skytrain for Nina the other day, I observed a young guy on a scooter weaving along the side of the street.... texting on his cell. I was just waiting for him to hit something and dump it.

Only highway vehicle I know of with an autopilot is a Goldwing. :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

I dunno about that .... I have one every time I ride 2-up with Nina!! :rotfl: :rotfl:... oh wait... I get so confused at times... that's not an autopilot, that's a back seat driver!! :witch_brew:

(just joshin hunny ... xoxoxo) :cool10:

My niece was driving back from Panama City FL and took a picture of this rider texting on a cell phone. How dumb can you be?!:shock3:

At least on a bike the likelyhood of his choice severely harming someone else is pretty slim.

What is the facination with texting? I don't even have a cell phone. Guess I'm too old to get it. :confused24:

I think it all has to do with the challenge of hitting the correct LITTLE BUTTON to produce a legible word.... I dunno, I can't seem to never master that one! :bang head: :confused24: :rotf:

Not sure about the IQ level of the young scooter riders. Saw one here texting while trying to ride on a winding road. Saw another one scooting along with his helmet on backwards! I guess he thought that was cool. Fortunately it was not full face. Passed a woman on the highway last summer. At 90 kph she was holding a hot coffee between her thighs while eating a hamburger with one hand and texting with the other. She was steering with her elbows. We got out of there fast.

What is the facination with texting? I don't even have a cell phone. Guess I'm too old to get it. :confused24:

I am with you Jeff1 all-though I do own a cell phone (for making calls). :whistling:

Fascination? More like an obsession.

These people need a life if they can't leave these gadgets alone even for a few minutes.

It may as well be heroin or crack.

Not sure about the IQ level of the young scooter riders. Saw one here texting while trying to ride on a winding road. Saw another one scooting along with his helmet on backwards! I guess he thought that was cool. Fortunately it was not full face. Passed a woman on the highway last summer. At 90 kph she was holding a hot coffee between her thighs while eating a hamburger with one hand and texting with the other. She was steering with her elbows. We got out of there fast.

Now Kerry, ... I'd like to know just how you know that!!! :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :rotfl:

I saw a guy riding a scooter yesterday with a pair of crutches resting on the platform going up between his arms and leaning against his right shoulder. And he was old enough to know better.

bj66 i can top that while in the smokies we saw a HD rider that honestly only had one leg and wasa also carrying a pair of crutches and it was not on a triked out bike we folled him for several lights just to watch him put the left crutch down at the lights

I am with you Jeff1 all-though I do own a cell phone (for making calls). :whistling:

Fascination? More like an obsession.

These people need a life if they can't leave these gadgets alone even for a few minutes.

It may as well be heroin or crack.

Well people in the office do call the BlackBerry devices a "CrackBerry" for that very reason.

I also saw a guy riding an ultra classic a few years ago. We were going down the interstate doing close to 80 mph. I saw him coming up behind me at a pretty good clip. When he got close I noticed he was leaning back into his backrest with his feet on the pegs and his arms crossed. He came up on me, leaned a little bit to get the bike to move to the passing lane, and went by me without even moving. I just laughed and told my wife to look at this coming up on us. My wife wont ride with me anyway and needless to say was less than impressed. When he got by me and was in the clear, he leaned a little bit and moved on over into my lane again. He had to be going 85 mph. He didnt appear to be the sort of guy you wanted to run down and have a chat with about it either. Although dangerous, it was kind of cool looking. I guess its one of them things you dont see every day!

Speaking of odd things we see people riding with ... last summer we were on our way to Bear Lake (Utah) and we saw another rider on I-15 with a passenger in front of him. Fortunately, my wife had her camera at the ready - check out the pic.

Be Safe!

Pete.