IGNORED

Kudos to members of VentureRider.org

50btripn

I've been a member of this site for about 8 months now, long enough to say what a refreshing change this site is compared to another site I use for my other motorcycle. Without specifically naming the other site, I will just say this, it is a sportbike "forum" site. I use that sight, much like I use this one, to research and find answers to questions about maintenance for my bike, and preferrences for "add-ons". The other site I have stopped being an "active member", i.e. I don't respond to any forums, I don't add any input or advise. Reason being, there are several persons on that site that feel the need to insult, ridicule, and basically be just a royal pain in the arse. There are several forums on that site that had to be locked by the site administrator because of foul language, threats, racial remarks, etc.

VentureRider.org has been absolutely fantastic. I have posted several questions and/or replies on here, and not once has anybody insulted me, or felt the need to enter into an online argument. There are even a couple of members within a four hour drive of me (especially Eck) who have offered their expertise and assistance.

This site is a welcome breath of fresh air. :thumbsup2:

Anyways, I had to get that off my chest, so now I'm off my soap-box...thanks to all of you for a truly exceptional website.

Peace out.

I totaly agree, this site is by far a great place to "hang out". I too have been on other motorcycle sites, only to be ridiculed by the model of bike I ride or the state I reside in, realy childish stuff. Here it is more like a family, kindness and respect, you don't find that much any more. I am very proud to consider myself part of this, as every one here should. We don't need a site administrater watching every post as most do a great job of policing theirselves.

Thanks to all who contribute to this wonderful site.

:bighug:

I have posted several questions and/or replies on here, and not once has anybody insulted me, or felt the need to enter into an online argument.

Well, if you're feeling left out, I'll be happy to oblige!!

:sign20: :sign just kidding:

Just ribbin ya of course. Yes, this is a great place to "hang out". I'm somewhat "addicted" to say the least. Everyone here is great.....even at times when I'm not :D

Can't help but notice, can you? This is a true FAMILY. Some Black Sheep (Charlie), but still family:rotf::rasberry::whistling::stirthepot:. I look through a couple other forums on Delphi and while I have never felt berated, I have never really felt Part of Something, like I do here.

J

I hear you. This place is so fun because it does have that Family atmosphere. People can disagree but rarely does it get to the point of negative comments beign traded on a personal level. The very nest day we all ride together. Im not much of a computer hound but I do spent quite a bit of time here and on my Mako forum for just that reason. We are civilized and refuse to sink below out morals and standards. If something bad happens we band together like no other. I feel on a personal level that that comes right from the top as Freebird is one of us and sets a gold standard.

I agree everyone here is quite helpfull whenever you have a problem or just a question and like the others say it is like a family. I'm the quite one who reads more than speaks.

Ron

Finally you "fessed up"... I was wondering who that was that was doing all that reading!

:rotf:

:sign just kidding:

I too have been on other motorcycle sites, only to be ridiculed by the model of bike I ride or the state I reside in, :bighug:

Heck Dave, how can we pick on you when we don't even know were Elgin is. Be that as it may, if I was in a peckish mood, I'd be ragging on you for being an engineer...... :rotfl:

Joined In September 07 Myself And Now Know More Than My Dealer About Ventures. It's Been A Great Place For Me I'm Hooked!

I JUST STARTED HERE YESTERDAY LOVE THIS SIGHT TOO

CHECKED BACK EVERY COPLE HOURS TO SEE WHAT IS NEW

THANKS TOMTOM7

:no-no-no:

Can't help but notice, can you? This is a true FAMILY. Some Black Sheep (Charlie), but still family:rotf::rasberry::whistling::stirthepot:. I look through a couple other forums on Delphi and while I have never felt berated, I have never really felt Part of Something, like I do here.

J

Ok RoadKill and how many Charlie's are on this site ,,For a minute I thought you were talking about me :doh::rotfl:

This site is AWESOME!!!!!!!

For any RSV owners, this is the place to go to for any new techs available for the RSV, 1st or 2nd gen.

You guys are the best. I've learned more about my 03 RSV from this site than I have from the dealership and the owners manual.

You guys and gals have me hooked. I log on this site a few times every day to check what's new and to chat with Yama Mama and Mini Muffin and Mother, just to name a few. I'm a new member here and I hope to be a lifer.

Keep it up folks!!

John, AKA Joopster:bighug:

Guest BluesLover
You can spot an engineer a mile away.....If the sign on the door sez PULL they are the one's who PUSH.......:rotf:
Sure! But we'd have the formula to change the design of the door done PDQ too!!!

Cheers,

Heck Dave, how can we pick on you when we don't even know were Elgin is. Be that as it may, if I was in a peckish mood, I'd be ragging on you for being an engineer...... :rotfl:

:think: Seriously,never heard of Elgin,man you must live out in the boonies.

Elgin is where it ALL happens, at least before 8:00 pm, then the streets roll up.

Now, for raggin on engineers :Im not listening to

Guest BluesLover

Elgin is where it ALL happens,

I'm with you Dave!

Btw, it looks like we have a couple of things in common ... I too live in Elgin (County that is, in Ontario, Canada) and I too am an engineer (electrical).

Cheers,

This website works because of all of YOU!

It started out as a technical forum but quickly turned into a riding/eating club. The majority of the folks here have 1 thing in common that many other sites dont....respect for others opinions.

I'll be the first to admit that I dont always agree with everyones opinion, but that is life and I deal with it. This site gives us hope, hope that we can all work on getting along and as different as we are, we can still enjoy these bikes, together. This place is very addictive, the only reason I'm not on here more than I am is my work schedule. I have a mission with this website, and thats to meet everyone that will be willing to meet me.

It's good to hear that this place stirs your souls as it does mine :)

Guest BluesLover
The majority of the folks here have 1 thing in common that many other sites dont....respect for others opinions.
Oh COME ON, :sign cmon: now Brad ...aren't you going just a tad overboard???!!!:cool10:

You know the only reason any of us hang around here is 'cause we love to eat Lonna's cheesecakes!!!:hihi:

Cheers,

I'm with you Dave!

Btw, it looks like we have a couple of things in common ... I too live in Elgin (County that is, in Ontario, Canada) and I too am an engineer (electrical).

Cheers,

:hurts: Hey Lou (AKA Blues Lover), next time I'm up in Vermont I'll have to look you up to see how the two Elgins compare. Can't imagine yours could be nicer :no-no-no: , maybe though.