IGNORED

Starglide

chollahan

I know myself, Salty, Dakotasport and Bubbajbi have made the switch. I was just looking to see who all has done this. I like the venture cause it is a rare bike to see out there, but even more rare to see them in STARGLIDE form.

The first time I saw the term starglide was on Dakotasport's sig and I love it.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I know myself, Salty, Dakotasport and Bubbajbi have made the switch. I was just looking to see who all has done this. I like the venture cause it is a rare bike to see out there, but even more rare to see them in STARGLIDE form.

The first time I saw the term starglide was on Dakotasport's sig and I love it.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

if the bike in your AVATAR, is a star glide, it don't look any different , than a kz1000police special!

sorry. it ain't a venture without the trunk!

lol

just jt

I like the Starglide look. I very seldom have a passenger on my Venture so taking the Cargo trunk and changing out the passenger seat would not be a big thing.Looks like a different luggage rack and sissy bar is in order too.

Oh decisions,decisions........:rotf:

I like the Starglide look. I very seldom have a passenger on my Venture so taking the Cargo trunk and changing out the passenger seat would not be a big thing.Looks like a different luggage rack and sissy bar is in order too.

Oh decisions,decisions........:rotf:

Ditto! My wife rarely rides with me have mine off most of the time. I would like to get a backrest that I can put on so my wife can ride without having the trunk on. I LOVE MY STARGLIDE! I slotted the holes on the trunk rack where it mounts to the bike so I could take it on and off quickly and easily. As soon as I get my camera to work I will post some pics. :cool10:

If you want to know all the steps involved, email me and I will give you step-by-step directions and will try to give you pictures as well. My email is ihrigj@comcast.net

Thanks Bubba I appreciate your offer very much. I like the idea of being able to put the trunk back on the bike when needed!

My wife won't get onna motorcycle for all the tea in China but that's ok by me. She has her interests and I have mine....we have been together for nearly 25 years now....happily together I might add.:rotf:

ps: When you get the time I surely would appreciate the details of the modifications.....I'd rather spend the Winter months doing the mods than the wax on- wax off routine!

Regards.....Boomer

Looks like we run with some of the same folks.

CVMA #202 here. Will you be at the National Meeting in June at South Dakota?

I like the looks of the Venture with the trunk off, but until my co-pilot stops riding with me I need it on those rides with the CVMA.

Have been to CVMA Nationals at :

Eureka Springs, AR

Taos, NM

Lafayette, LA

Bowling Green, KY

and of course all the Washington DC runs for Rolling Thunder.

Ride Safe!

Keech

Looks like we run with some of the same folks.

CVMA #202 here. Will you be at the National Meeting in June at South Dakota?

I like the looks of the Venture with the trunk off, but until my co-pilot stops riding with me I need it on those rides with the CVMA.

Have been to CVMA Nationals at :

Eureka Springs, AR

Taos, NM

Lafayette, LA

Bowling Green, KY

and of course all the Washington DC runs for Rolling Thunder.

Ride Safe!

Keech

Keech it is way too early for me to determine if I can make the National in SD. Offhand I'd say heck yes BUT offhand doesn't quite make it carved in stone. :rotf:

I have to get past the Run For The Wall first.....:rotf:

Welcome Home Brother!

Regards.....Boomer...CVMA#2014

Not my bike, but it's a good looking machine.

I couldn't do it. One of the major factors for the RSV for me was the hard luggage.

This bike belongs to another member on the warrior forum I frequent.

I went and looked at his pics and found this one. I was wondering if you knew what kind of bars he has on there? I would like a set like that. If you find out or know please let me know.

• 1 year later...

I removed the trunk on mine as well. I have a few pix in my gallery. My wife got a GW trike, so she doesn't ride with me anymore. I really liked the look of the HD Streetglide, but I love the V4. I like the way the bike handles much better now. It's amazing how much lighter it feels without the trunk. I do miss the extra storage, but I have a bag that I put on for trips. I have a couple of different seats that I put on depending on what I'm doing. It's not for everyone, but if you like the Street Glide look, you can get close with the RSV and have the performance of the V4 without spending a lot of money on a HD.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking of doing something like this myself... But I'm going to remove all the hard bags and install leather bags with fringe and studs and go to a solo saddle with either a rear fender luggage rack or a fender bib... I don't know when I'll pull it all together but I have millions of ideas floating around in my head... I'd like to swap out my fairing for a quadzilla... It looks like there might be enough room above the radio for the speedo and idiot light panel... Whatya think???

http://www.hoppeindustries.com/images/RDSTAR3.jpg