IGNORED

A Harley rider passed us today...

SilvrT

Had a guy on a Harley pass us today. We were on a long, straight stretch, 2-lane hwy. He was behind us and I knew he was gonna pass. I was riding in right groove of the lane, allowing him better visibility ahead. Soon as the road ahead was clear, he passed... but unlike what I expected and what most anyone else would do, he didn't move over the centre line.... passed us in the left groove on our side of the road .... now why on earth would he have done that but for nothing else than to show off his noisy, fast (not) Harley. I had a good mind to gun it and leave him in a cloud of Yamadust.

I find this topic interesting, probably for a slightly different reason. Here in California where it's legal to share (split) lanes with cages, I do it often. Some times splitting means you're actually riding on the lane marker literally splitting the lane, but probably most of the time we are actually sharing the lane with the cage.

When I come up on another bike, I don't automatically pass using the same lane. Unless of course he acknowledges me and "allows" it. I am more apt to pass a bike actually using the other lane. Seems crazy since the bike is so much smaller than the cage that I will likely share a lane with.

It's probably because I'm aware of most biker's feeling about their "space" on the road. I've been taken by surprise a few times by bikes passing me in the same lane, and it's not a great feeling. But then again, when I see them coming up behind me and they are going faster than I am, I will gladly move over and signal for them to pass me in the same lane.

Yep, crotch rocket riders will do anything. I've been past by them at what I'm sure was well over 100MPH, not only that they were going between occupied lanes. Friday I saw some numb nut on one doing a wheel stand on I-75 in the fast lane, 3PM in Detroit. I'm pretty sure to buy a "sport bike" you have to take a common sense test and fail.

Just my nickle (inflation).

Yep, crotch rocket riders will do anything. I've been past by them at what I'm sure was well over 100MPH, not only that they were going between occupied lanes. Friday I saw some numb nut on one doing a wheel stand on I-75 in the fast lane, 3PM in Detroit. I'm pretty sure to buy a "sport bike" you have to take a common sense test and fail.

Just my nickle (inflation).

Had one come up behind us yesterday as we were heading home on the freeway. We were in the left lane so I moved over to the right lane and he dropped a gear and nailed it... pulled a wheelie and was gone like a flash... weaved around several vehicles ahead of us and in no time was out of sight.

I never share my lane with anyone.

I make it a point to wander around in MY lane enough that no one will think it is OK to share.

same here... i see at as i have 3 lanes l-c-r....all mine...lol

I never share my lane with anyone.

I make it a point to wander around in MY lane enough that no one will think it is OK to share.

Good idea. I am not really comfortable with a bike next to me. If I have to correct for any reason I want all the road.