IGNORED

My Cavalcade

Godlover

I got my Cavalcade running today and wow - what a ride! I'm impressed in the short distance I've gone. I sent the carbs in to have them rebuilt and then had a horrible time getting the airbox back on. A guy in my church who is rated one of the top mechanics in the nation came to my rescue! Now it is time to put her up for sale. I bought it to make a few bucks!

Nice bike, I could be interested. What year is yours? I had a 86 lx that I rode a lot then traded it off for who knows what now(don't remember now). The leveling suspension still work? :cool10:

It seems to work - I just got it running today and it is the Lx model. 23,000 miles. I haven't changed fluids or anything and I need to get the carbs set better. I have a little backfire once in awhile mostly in 1st gear. The paint has dirt specks in it - I bought it this way. Not perfect but seems to be a nice bike.

It seems to work - I just got it running today and it is the Lx model. 23,000 miles. I haven't changed fluids or anything and I need to get the carbs set better. I have a little backfire once in awhile mostly in 1st gear. The paint has dirt specks in it - I bought it this way. Not perfect but seems to be a nice bike.

The one i had was a lighter blue and not perfect either. It stayed dirty a rode it a lot it had a little over a 100,000 when i traded it off. The one i had would backfire in first gear also but none of the other gears, i didn't ride in first much though.

Your bike looks really good and looks like most of the plastic and knobs and such are still there as well. :)

The one i had was a lighter blue and not perfect either. It stayed dirty a rode it a lot it had a little over a 100,000 when i traded it off. The one i had would backfire in first gear also but none of the other gears, i didn't ride in first much though.

Your bike looks really good and looks like most of the plastic and knobs and such are still there as well. :)

It is a nice bike - now that I sold my Tour Deluxe I may keep it around. I certainly won't have to give it away!! :big-grin-emoticon:

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry to say I sold my beautiful 83 Venture. The guy who bought it loved it as much as I did. I added a bunch of chrome on it and boy does it look pretty.I am moving to a Honda ST1100. I do plan on getting another in the Venture series but much newer. I am not leaving this forum though.There are lots of great people here.The guy that bought my doner bike joined because I told him how awsome this sight is.Pics will follow later.:cool10:

Paint looks good in the photos actually it looks real nice. Someone will get a good bike with lots of miles left.

Paysaw glad to hear your sticking around, and maybe Marca will have a BBQ and we will see it then.

Brad

Guest Swifty
A guy in my church who is rated one of the top mechanics in the nation came to my rescue!

How actually are mechanics rated? Who rates them?

I want to know where I might be on the list.

I want to know where I might be on the list.

Dam you should warn us before making those statements just about spilled my drink :think:

Doubt you would make the back yard mechanics list, if was such a list :rotf:

Brad