IGNORED

Harley Light install

sarges46

Well, I managed to find a nice harley rear light unit off Ebay. Got the item and now for the wiring.

I find that this unit has 1157 bulbs which of course means stop and running lights. The wires are only marked in the manner noted below.

One is copper and the other is aluminum? Its silver anyway.

So which would be stop and which would be running?

Some one out there knows for sure.

Well, I managed to find a nice harley rear light unit off Ebay. Got the item and now for the wiring.

I find that this unit has 1157 bulbs which of course means stop and running lights. The wires are only marked in the manner noted below.

One is copper and the other is aluminum? Its silver anyway.

So which would be stop and which would be running?

Some one out there knows for sure.

The answer is here.

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3768

Thanks to FREEBIRD

Can't remember for sure, but knowing me, I just hooked it up and hoped it was correct.

If you still have contact with the guy that bought the Spook, I'm sure he could look for you.

I sure am still in contact with him! We be very good buds. I see spook almost everyday. It is being well ridden and loved John. I will see if I can figure this out.

Thats the problem...there is no blue or red wires. They are both black with the only differance being the type of wires.

I have the same problem with a set of lights I bought off Ebay recently. There is no connector to cut off and there are no colored wires, just two black wires out of each fixture. I haven't taken the time to figure out the solution yet, so if you should and could post it out here I'd sure appreciate it.

Hi Rick,

Just ground the frame and put 12 volts to one wire at a time and see which one in the brightest. That will be the brake light and the dimmest one is the tail light.

:whistling: I knew that! Simple first. Thanks Gary.

:doh: