IGNORED

Tire Chunk

rumboogy

I know some of you have done this...

Riding down the highway...and a sharp rock pops up right in your tire path and run over it...you hear it and you feel it.

I bet I have done it a dozen times over the course of several years...but today I was inspecting my Dunlop E3's and noticed my front tire had a very small "v" cut into the high rubber tread. I took a small screw driver and tried to "probe"it to see how deep and it APPEARS to be superficial...I only have 8000 miles on this front tire. It looks like it would be wore down after a few hundred miles...

I know that they can all be different, but just curious if anyone else has done this before...and did you replace or continue to roll.

I have seen a few in mine also, as far as riding the tire, that is 100% up to you, do you feel safe and confortable riding it?? I am riding mine, but its not bad, and I do not feel it is unsafe, if I did I would change it out. Like I said, thats one of those things that you will just have to go by how you feel about it.

Good luck

Kreg

I would not advise you to use the tire. BUT depending on the damage I would make a judgment on whether to use it or not. Once I did I would probably never give it another thought. Just check it every once in a while to see how it is doing. BUT that's me.

If you are going to constantly worry about the tire, replace it, it ain't worth it.

BOO

New tire,,,, or,,,,,, new bike and rider,,,,,,hummmm,,,,,, let me think,,, you have only ONE front tire correct?, and if it goes?????? huuuuummmmm this is a hard one,,, got to think a little longer,,,,, laid up for 2 weeks,, only 2 weeks lost wages,,,, and a little pain, but hey, we saved some money on that tire we did.

Just the way I think about it,, don't take it wrong.