IGNORED

Southwest Moto Tires? What' up with them?

Snaggletooth

Ok, I'm having a problem here. I ordered new tires from them on May, 17th 2011 and they comfirmed the order by the next morning. I used PayPal and my bank account showed the proper debit by the end of May 18th, 2011.

Since then..........nothing! I have tried to contact them by e-mail twice with no response and tried to call their number (1-520-628-2947) and it is disconneted. The listed fax number (1-520-784-0564) is disconnected as well.

'

I know they no longer will take orders over the phone but they seem to be unavailable at all.

Any one know what is going on with them or have a working phone number?

Mike

I sent an email to a friend who lives in Tuscon and asked him to drive over there to see if they are still in business.

Guest scarylarry
I sent an email to a friend who lives in Tuscon and asked him to drive over there to see if they are still in business.

If you are speaking of Tanker, I know he deals a lot with them...So we will know soon

I know in the past they had exceptional service and prices but I THINK they changed ownership and now they are high and CS isnt what it was..Last I bought was from Motosport.

If you are speaking of Tanker, I know he deals a lot with them...So we will know soon

No, not Tanker, but hes a good option as well. I emailed a childhood friend that moved there years ago. Hes a car nut, not a rider. Guess my 2 wheeled influences never rubbed off on him....LOL

This is odd for them. I have ordered tires several times from them and always had them within a couple of days. And always great updates on the order and shipping. This is the first time they have left me hanging. EVER!

I ordered when I did so I would have plenty of time to get them mounted for the Memorial Day weekend.

I sent an e-mail to them through their internal system on the 23rd and one through my e-mail direct to them on the 25th. No reponse to either one. Not like them at all.

Mike

Guest scarylarry

Hopefully we will know soon, I never order from them but it is great info to pass on to the folks here as well the delphi forum..

I know in the past they had exceptional service and prices but I THINK they changed ownership and now they are high and CS isnt what it was..Last I bought was from Motosport.

Yep it was Arizona Honda that bought them out back in what? 2009? Have they sold again since then?

I would be contacting PayPal and lodge a complaint.

I'd give it a couple of more days. The last set I ordered from them after the take over didn't show up like they had in the past. You're covered by Paypal for the full amount, but sometimes when using a fund source other than your credit card it will take a couple of days for it to clear the paypal system on their end....

Probably will end up doing that Jack. With the Memorial Day weekend rolling up not much will happen any way.

It's just not what I expected from them considering their past performance. Usually have the tires within 48 hours of ordering. And when I've e-mailed them in the past I got a response the same day.

Just kind of burned my butt with the bank account being debited within 24 hours of placing the order and then no info forthcoming even after two e-mails.......not good CS.

And the disconnected fax# and the disconnected phone # kind of threw me for a loop. That isn't usually a good sign.

Just one of those days I guess.

Amazon is next on my list. I needed another (long story) ignition module for my Lincoln. At $240.00 bucks a crack I was looking for a better deal. I found one listed as NEW at $160.00 bucks so I jumped on that. When I got it the outer package was fine but the product box was crushed and Scotch taped shut. Long way from new looking and there were scratches around the screw holes so it had been mounted at some point. I had all the other work done to the car and all I needed was the module. I plugged it in and nuttin'. Went to NAPA and bought another one for $240.00, plugged it in and it fired right up.

So the one they sent me is junk and waiting for them to respond with info on returning it for a refund.

Ain't been my week. :doh:

It seems to be kind of hit and miss for them here lately. I quit using them as I had a similar issue with very late arrival. I had good luck with them early on in '06/'07 but have heard more less than positive results now. Last tires I bought were from Jake Wilson and they were delivered fast and at a good price.

Amazon is next on my list. I needed another (long story) ignition module for my Lincoln. At $240.00 bucks a crack I was looking for a better deal. I found one listed as NEW at $160.00 bucks so I jumped on that. When I got it the outer package was fine but the product box was crushed and Scotch taped shut. Long way from new looking and there were scratches around the screw holes so it had been mounted at some point. I had all the other work done to the car and all I needed was the module. I plugged it in and nuttin'. Went to NAPA and bought another one for $240.00, plugged it in and it fired right up.

So the one they sent me is junk and waiting for them to respond with info on returning it for a refund.

Ain't been my week. :doh:

The problem with Amazon is they don't stock the items, and are nothing more than a go between, with the items coming from a third party vendor. They handle the financial, and because of that it's a PITA getting a refund for the item. They have no control over whats being sent matching the discription. I'd rather do biz with Ebay then Amazon. However my wife loves them...:mo money:

Guest scarylarry

This is a rider in Az.

I just bought a set of tires from them, had them put them on the bike as well.

I will see what I can find out from here.

The fax number in that post are antiques for starters, those numbers are not the ones on their website either maybe they should try these.

Here is current info: fax: 520.398.5289

email: info@swmototires.com

When emailing them don't use their website emailer as it is screwed, just use the above email Erik will respond fairly fast.

Mike, my friend will drive by on Sat to see whats up and get back to me. Maybe Tanker will have info sooner for ya.

You can call off the posse Ruffy. I got an e-mail response today from SW Moto with a tracking number. Only 10 days after the order was comfirmed and paid for. They should be here....sigh.......next week.

I guess the ole reliable is not what it used to be.

And thanks scary. The phone numbers I chased down were from Yellow Pages so I figured that would be as close to current as I could get. I used that e-mail addy in the last request I sent and that was responded to by Erik. Only two days to get a reply to that one.

Not all the huge of a deal as I figured to tires might have just been out of stock and it would take a bit longer. All I expected was to be kept informed of the situation, like they have done in the past. When I started finding disconnected numbers....that was making me nervous.

Stuff like that is not a good presentation of the company. They need to update some things. Turned me off of doing business with them again.

I sure hope there are no issues with the Avons when I get them. Don't want to go down that road with them at this point.

But thanks to all for your responses and info.

Mike