IGNORED

Yamaha FJR 1300

winston66

:fingers-crossed-emo As I am in Australia, product information is sometimes difficult if not impossible to get. I find that I can not rely on the glossy brocures and the dealers that I have contacted generally do not have the user information that I require.

IT seems that their main interest is only to sell you something, and subsequently let you find out for yourself.

So here is the guts of this post

I am thinking about an upgrade from my old faithfull 1996 Royal Star, and have wondered if anyone has had the opportunity to test ride the latest, or any other version, of the FJR 1300.

I would be most interested to hear their impressions about:322: this machine. And Also possibly what changes and or upgrades has Yamaha done over the last few models.

In other words would any one recommend any particular model or year.

Do you know of any glaring, obvious or not, faults or things to watch out for with this run of motorcycle.

Any comment or feedback will be very appreciated. Thanks in anticapation of your comments. Winston66

you should probably msg e-fishin-c a member here that has an FJR for more info.

We know its fast as the local police have gotten to know Charlie pretty well in Ontario Canada since he has bought it. LOL!

Brian

Guest Swifty

...just get an '06 or newer, the plastic was reworked to deflecct more hot air off the rider.

And don't listen to anything Charlie says....except how many beers the saddle bags can hold.

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

It is most interesting to persue the comments and the other relevant threads.

I was interested to see the comparison posted by E-FISHIN-C. In regard to the Honda ST1300.

Up untill this time I had not even contemplated anything other than the FJR. But now as I am mainly interested in long distance crusing, and comfort, is most important, the relevant comments have given me some food for thought.

Unfortunatly as I am getting older and am only 5 ft 6 and about 180lbs. the knuckles dont quite touch the ground, and with the gravity down under here which I believe can force all the blood to your head.It is nice to get your comments.(Some clear thinking is needed)kipa02@westnet.com.au:322::fingers-crossed-emo

If I do make a move in the choice of a new ride it will probably be for a very long time because of the finances, I dont think that another change could be contemplated, so I do not want to make a rash decision.

Thanks again for all of you comments.

Please keep them comming.

Regards Winston66.:lightbulb::cool10::cool10:

Like I mentioned before Honda St 1300 should be called a Touring Sport and The FJR 1300 a Sport Touring..... Im 6 ft 2 inches 255 lbs The 1st thing you'd replace is the seat Its not comfortable and its pain staking for passengers who are over 5ft 7. I love the way The FJR feels and handles and the perfaormance is higher than the St

I rode The ST and the standard seat is every comfotable.

I have gone thru 2 Rear tires(180/55/170 running the FJR aggressively and Normal(L.O.L) on Manitoulin Island with all their TwistIies and gone thru 2 sets of boots and The Pirelli ST Angels gave my only 10,000 kms a bit past the wear bars

The Second set I got 17,000 kms riding normal which was difficult

having a scoot like this or a Crotch Rocket You want to take it to the Limit and I'll tell you You will.

Gas Mileage 3.7 -5.2 l/100kms

The sport -touring tires is an issue with me ,aggressive riding the a curvature disappears at 6800 kms the tire starts to flatten out and you have to sort of ride upright

I see that in UK They have a Radial car tire for the FJR aBridgestone 175/55-17

The passenger finds it a bit scarry when you corner and they have a slide little . So to remedy this I purchased from UK on E-bay for the FJR a Anti-Skid Passenger Skid cover It works Great

On average I get about 350-375 kms on a tank full I ve heard 400kms from

I have been riding for 42 years And 13 scoots later

The FJR has drawn more police doing u-turns even when you have followed the Speed Limit, follow you home They know that These FJR's 0-100kph in 3 seconds and a Top end of 250 kph and The 250 kph its How fast you can go in a short distance.

The Fjr is rock solid at that speed

I cant tell you about the riding position Leg Placement I have Rheumatiod Arthritis and my knees are shot I bite the bullit and Enough the Ride Theirs a point I call it the quiet zone when my Fjr rides at 198 kph I feel nothing no pain a sensation that its difficult to explain

Edited by E-Fishin-C

...just get an '06 or newer, the plastic was reworked to deflecct more hot air off the rider.

And don't listen to anything Charlie says....except how many beers the saddle bags can hold.

The Rear GIVI Trunk Holds a Full Case of 24 bottles and each side cases hold with ice 18 cans:clap2::rotfl: