May not be the right place for this :no-no-no:?, but I have found a (what they say is an) 1984 venture royale in the junk yard that is complete and they said they would let it go for $1200.00 I am OK with this price but the yard said that it needed a new stator.. found one on ebay for $139.00. here is the thing i am wondering about though, it has front and back floor boards with heel toe shifter as well as highway floor boards. did they offer the floor boards for the driver as an after market product for the first jen? I know that this was available for the passenger but have never seen this for the driver. the bike has 45000miles on it comes with all the keys and here is another thing that I am wondering, the top storage container lock assembly is the one that is actuated by 2 buttons

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqQOKpcE3JTCJC14BNzuuFkmqQ~~_14.JPG like this one? my 84 doesnt have this lock assembly (I insert the key unlock and lift), was this an option on the 84? Could this be an 85 with a good transmission?:cool10:

please help I wanna get this bike, so all I have left is to clear it with the financial advisor.:fingers-crossed-emo

Thanks in advance

mike

You need to attach a larger picture. We really can't tell what that is. I can tell you that there were no optional trunks. If it has the later style trunk, it is either newer than an '84 or somebody has swapped the trunk. I think the drivers floorboards were only available as an aftermarket accessory and I understand are very hard to find.

$1200 sound pretty high for a Venture that is not running, no mather what they say is all that it need. If it is all that it needs then why don't they put the $125 into it and sell it for much more. I'd offer them maybe $500.00.

Well honestly the guy that runs this place is not that bright. I got into a verbal argument with the guy about 5 years ago because i wanted to buy the lock mechanism from a top storage container that he had (for the venture). The bottom of the container was completly gone and he wanted $125.00 for the bag. I asked him why he couldnt just take the lock out of the bag and he said the bag would then be useless??? Well the bottom was missing from the bag and it was already useless...I finally went back to the yard about a year ago and the bag was still there..lol

if the bike is an 85 after the 2nd gear fix then I am good with the price.

thanks for the help.

I'm guessing it is an '85 model. I don't think they made a brown one in '84. You will need the serial number to tell if it was before or after the second gear problem.

that is what im thinking as well, do we have the serial number handy for after the fix?

that is definitly an 85 like mine and youre luckier than me if it was after the 2nd gear cutoff.. You would like the bigger trunk and its the only year with the bigger trunk that the bags are all easily detachable. Floorboards for the early G1's are very rare and ive seen sets go on ebay for 300 bucks for the front set. And most have pegs for the passengers not boards.

Brian

Sounds like you have an '85 there with some extras goodies. Brian's right, the floorboards could almost pay your insurance for a year if you decided to sell them. No second gear issue? That's great. If the paint is good, and it's just a matter of tinkering with the engine. I'd say go for it.

Thomas

Yah! No mistaking it is an '85, MK1 saddlebags with the larger trunk. I would want to hear it run first, a bad stator will not cause it not to run. The stator may be good and instead it is another burnt stator connector. If the stator is bad, replace it with a high output aftermarket one like the one Buckeye Performance sells. 45K miles is just barely broken in, those 1200s run forever!

I would not fear buying itm but wheel and deal with him...

so i went and took a look at the 85 today and they actually got it running pulled it around front for me I got to test drive it and it ran great. Carbs could use some adjusting though..now for the bad news, serial number was 0000305 arghhhh...2nd gear was gone. and the guy wouldnt budge. told me he would let it go for $1000.00 but he would keep the bags and the nose..told him i wanted some of the crack he was on..oh well i guess. if its there in 2 weeks i will put it on layaway. I want those hard to come by parts. if anything i could throw my current engine in this 85. since all my plastic is cracked in some place or another.

Stay safe,:225:

mike