IGNORED

Does anyone have or know of a center stand for a 2007.

Just Done some research and can not find anything besides Freebirds center stand mod. But he does not make it anymore. I have searched quite some time through the site here and found nothing pertaining to the second gen bike center stand. There is what looks like where a center stand should be on the bike. I suspect that Yamaha or no one else makes this.:confused24: Does anyone here have a center stand that works for the second gen 2007 ? If so would like to have some info please ? I have one of the center stands that I purchased from someone here. The kind that you put under one side and then jack the bike up from the other and put pin in. Works on my bike stand, but would like a center stand permanent on the bike. :confused24: Thanks in advance for any and all help. Would a center stand off of a V-Max work ?

I cant remember who it is , but someone on this site builds them for the second gens. Just might work for ya.

DAvid

Thanks, I have found a nice one on th internet(chrome too), but WOW $ 349.00 ,:mo money:way to much for this country boy. Shewwwww........

Check with Ponch. I know that he has made a few based upon my original design.

PMed Ponch Freebird, thanks. I am kinda thinking that a center stand from a V-max might work. But just wishful thinking I guess.What model of the first gens will work with the mod you mention ? I can find those for kinda cheap .:mo money:

Fuzzy

Hate to do a me too post, but I would be interested in one of these as well if someone starts it up again. If I had access to the equipment it would be doable with these instructions but the ex-wife kept the welder. :-(

Thanks

Frank

I had actually stopped doing any welding on them. I was cutting and bending and then started having the stamped out at a local machine shop. The reason I stopped making them is because I had to have them stamped 100 at a time and I started finding it harder to find enough old stands to order that many again.

Ponch,

Will this lift the rear tire off the ground for maintaince and cleaning? Or just stablize the bike in an uprite position?

I've been having a difficult time finding the sweet spot to get the rear off the ground with my jack, plus it would be nice to be able to do this on the road if needed in an emergency.

Thanks, Thats a great price!!!

Ponch,

Will this lift the rear tire off the ground for maintaince and cleaning? Or just stablize the bike in an uprite position?

I've been having a difficult time finding the sweet spot to get the rear off the ground with my jack, plus it would be nice to be able to do this on the road if needed in an emergency.

Thanks, Thats a great price!!!

On my bike, without the leveling links, the stand raises the rear tire off the ground about an inch. With the links it still clears the ground, but barely. I keep a short 2 X 4 in the saddle bag that I use under the front crash bar to enable me to have the front tire clear the ground while on the stand.

It definately stabilizes the bike upright.

I will most likely be ordering one from you if I can ever get my bike out of the shop. Its been there 2 months to the day today for a bad head gasket which they fixed after a month but for the last month they have not been able to get it to run correctly when the re-assembled it.

It was running perfectly when I took it in but definitely not now. Had a talk with Ma Yamaha yesterday. We have run out of ideas of things to check so hoping they will send a new set of carbs for a possible fix.

I will most likely be ordering one from you if I can ever get my bike out of the shop. Its been there 2 months to the day today for a bad head gasket which they fixed after a month but for the last month they have not been able to get it to run correctly when the re-assembled it.

It was running perfectly when I took it in but definitely not now. Had a talk with Ma Yamaha yesterday. We have run out of ideas of things to check so hoping they will send a new set of carbs for a possible fix.

Tom, I had this problem also (head gasket) leaking oil. I found out from a very reliable mechanic that there was a recall on this model yr. The dealers and mechanics where informed that these bikes should be checked out. Should tork the head bolts before the bike leaves the shop. My bike was not and I had exact same problem at around 1200 miles. Warranty fixed, but was a headache. The mechanic (Boone) did a wonderful job replacing head caskets and also took the bike home with him and put around a 100 miles on it and checked tork again before calling me to pick up. This was at Yamaha of Jackson Ky, a good ways from me. I did not trust the dealer mechanic from whom I bought the bike. Shame you are waiting so long, I think I had my bike back in about 2 weeks. I am sure they will get it.

Edited by FuzzyRSTD

Thanks Fuzzy, they told me today they there was a recall a couple years ago relating to the timing now too. Funny when I asked them if there were any reacalls they told me NO not that affected my bike.

I also just posed another post about the service hoping to drum up some support to put some heat on the dealer. I will be posting the letter on Yamaha, Honda, & Harley Davidson sites.

I will be seeking legal advice for some compensation on Monday or Tuesday of next week if they don't have it by Friday.

On my bike, without the leveling links, the stand raises the rear tire off the ground about an inch. With the links it still clears the ground, but barely. I keep a short 2 X 4 in the saddle bag that I use under the front crash bar to enable me to have the front tire clear the ground while on the stand.

It definately stabilizes the bike upright.

Sure would like to see a picture the center stand on a RSTD. Happen to have any? This is something I think I would really like. God Bless. Mike