IGNORED

Test Ride = Oakley shades

jointventure

Got a postcard from the local Star dealer for a test ride on an 2011 Stryker. If you take the test ride you get a pair of Oakley sunglasses. The bike only had 3 miles on it.... well I fixed that. You really shouldn't tell me to "take it all afternoon if you want", because I want. It handled really well for the amount of frt rake. More than enough power for me and I didn't have to pay for fuel. It was a good day. Except I left Brenda at the showroom alone with all that "safety chrome" around for her Classic. It would have been cheaper to stay home and just by the Oakleys online. :mo money: Below is the link to the test ride offer if anyone is interested.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/stryker_demo_promo.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip. I went and test drove the Stryker two weeks ago and came home and put my number in for the free Oakley's. I thought the bike was pretty cool. It would be a good bike for running around town and short rides since its so easy to manage. I think the black one is the best looking one but I test drove the blue one.

Let me know when you get your glasses so I can see what kind they are before I get mine.

Thanks, Mark

I took the stryker for a ride and then went online to enter my # and it wouldnt take. Nothing happened when I put it in. The bike is a pretty cool ride, would be nice for country rides and around town.

Richie R

Got my Oakleys today. Thats pretty quick too a little over two

weeks They are Oakley Gascan style polished/grey #03-471

(see pic) Priced at 90.00 thats not bad for a free ride on a

new bike.

http://www.oakley.com/images/catalog/generated/750x350/c3/4ce450808171c.jpg

Edited by finfan125

Got my Oakley's today, pretty nice for a free pair of shades although I would never pay $100.00 for 'em. All I need now is an overpriced bike and a T-shirt from every state in the Union declaring my undying love for that bike and I'm all set. LOL!!!!

Edited by Pinkie

Now that is funny - gotta see picks of the additional safety parts for Brenda's bike!

The new safety chrome consisted of those nifty little caps that cover the ends of the hex head bolts. They will prevent dirt from getting in there thereby making it a lot quicker in the event I have to put an Allen wrench to them in a hurry. Safety first! By the way, it takes around a million of those buggers to do a Classic.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been waiting about 3 weeks for the free shades and went to the website and noticed that Yamaha has put in a block to it if you don't have the 7 digit code from the postcard they mailed out. Must be alot of people were using this link to get the shades. Hope I got my order in before they found out what was going on.

I have been waiting about 3 weeks for the free shades and went to the website and noticed that Yamaha has put in a block to it if you don't have the 7 digit code from the postcard they mailed out. Must be alot of people were using this link to get the shades. Hope I got my order in before they found out what was going on.

I noticed that to right now when i clicked on the link. I guess I will just wait and test ride at a show now and not deal with the dealers around here. too bad i dont have the postcard.