IGNORED

Please sign up if you are coming to Maintenance Day

Freebird

Don and All;

I have been to the last 4 Maintenance Days and hate to say that I have to sit this one out. As most of you know I have a bad back and I have learned to live with it. The problem now is that the disc in my lower back have pinched my siatic nerve and the pain down both of my legs is almost unbearable. I am having a nerve block on both nerves next week. The doctors thinks that will help with the pain and I hope he is right. If it wasn't for the ice packs and my morphine I really don't think I would make it. While you are all having fun and eating good, just put in a good word with the Man upstairs for me.

See you all next year (I hope).:2143:

Don and All;

I have been to the last 4 Maintenance Days and hate to say that I have to sit this one out. As most of you know I have a bad back and I have learned to live with it. The problem now is that the disc in my lower back have pinched my siatic nerve and the pain down both of my legs is almost unbearable. I am having a nerve block on both nerves next week. The doctors thinks that will help with the pain and I hope he is right. If it wasn't for the ice packs and my morphine I really don't think I would make it. While you are all having fun and eating good, just put in a good word with the Man upstairs for me.

See you all next year (I hope).:2143:

I have to almost ditto Double D's reply. I had an MRI done Monday and two discs are bulging quite a bit. Have some sort of tear and one disc is almost filling spinal cavity from bulge. I have had kidney stones & I think I would rather have them than this.

I am on 8 percocets a day and that only makes the pain tolerable.

Saw my family doctor Friday and he is going to get me an appt with a Nuero surgeon.

Have another option offered but this doctor/chrio said outcome is not guaranteed. It is a modern form of traction with a Lordex system. Not cheap & insurance doesn't cover it.

At this point I am still planning on being at MD, but it won't be on bike. I haven't worked on bike at all now for two weeks. It is still nowhere near completion from its winter rebuild.

:buttkick:

Gary

To Double D and Dingy, had your problem some years back :yikes: Ended up having surgery on my lower back...and Oh the relief!! The nerve pain in my legs was awful.Surgeon said my left leg was slowly dying [nerves] Dang accident undid all the ggod work, but not as bad as before

Best of luck to both of you :sign yeah that: