IGNORED

Headset cords

Skid

Does anyone have or know where I can find a longer cord for the rear headset? Mrs.Skid is almost six foot tall and her she is rough on the cords. I didn't have that problem with her on the first gen.

Does anyone have or know where I can find a longer cord for the rear headset? Mrs.Skid is almost six foot tall and her she is rough on the cords. I didn't have that problem with her on the first gen.

Have you checked with J&M Or...heck I bet Buddy Rich could build you one??

Skid,

There was a post not too long ago here where sone one suggested getting a 5 pin din old style keyboarg extention cable. I checked with our computer store here (Micro Center) and they did not have them any more but I did find them on the internet. I looked up '5 pin din extention cable'. Hope this helps.

I got an extension at Seirra's for Bobbie. Attached in normal position, then have I have it tucked between the seats and she plugs in the drop cord from the helmet. She just pulls out what she needs between the seats. When unhooking tucks it back in between the seats and dismounts with no cord wrapped around the legs.

Actually put a little bit of white paint to help her line up the connection when it is dark.

Skid,

There was a post not too long ago here where sone one suggested getting a 5 pin din old style keyboarg extention cable. I checked with our computer store here (Micro Center) and they did not have them any more but I did find them on the internet. I looked up '5 pin din extention cable'. Hope this helps.

That is what I did to mine, got a 6ft coiled 5 pin DIN (old school key board) cable off Ebay for about $6 and plugged it into the connector on the side, ran it under and up to the front of the passenger seat and now store the end and the extra cable in the pouch on the back of my Utopia back rest. The wife just pulls it out and plugs it in right there in front of her after she is on the bike.

Can't find a coiled one at the moment, but here is a straight 6ft [ame=http://cgi.ebay.com/Keyboard-Extension-Cable-6-Ft-5Pin-DIN-M-F-/350040836989?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51800f4b7d]AT Keyboard Extension Cable 6 Ft 5Pin DIN M-F | eBay[/ame]

I think I may have a bad front factory cord. I have tried different headsets and still get no sound out of the left side. Is there a wiring diagram of the factory cord on the bike where I could check to see if im getting a signal thru the 5 pins of the connector. If I bend this one at the connector it cuts off completely in the headset. Broken wire? I have been using the cord that was in the rubber holder on the left side of the cover when I got the bike. When I was checking for the problem it appears to be about 4-5 feet long. Is this the rear cord/connector? This is the one I have a problem with. If this is the rear then is the front in there somewhere and should be much shorter. If so and I can find it then maybe it will work better, dont really need the rear. If I need a new cord are they replacable? Do they unplug from main unit in the fairing?:confused24:

Sorry for all the questions but they led me to find and check both the front and rear factory intercom cords. Seems like I get the same no sound from the left side of my headset using either front or rear cord. Both the fairing speakers work well tho. Am I looking at a main audio unit problem? Is there a place to send to check and repair?