IGNORED

Bikers Den review

Hulign

So we ordered a helmet from http://www.bikersden.com on the 18th. We've been trying to find a helmet that will fit my egg head. We went with them cause it was supposed to be in stock and they had a good return policy. The website said 1-3 days shipping. On the 3rd day we noticed the order said processed and we still didn't have a tracking #. We emailed and they said orders can take up to 4 days to process and that when it did we would get a tracking #. If we log in from work it shows my name on the order, if we log in at home it doesn't show the order at all.

Today after no word I decided to call and was told there was an attempted delivery today. If we had known the damn thing was coming we would have been around to get it. Irritates me that companies have all of this tech at their disposal and still manage to screw it up. We don't care about the timing, we care about not having the info promised. We ordered headsets from http://www.wingstuff.com the following day as well as eBay items that have all arrived.

I think they are actually doing drop shipping, which again is fine. Just TELL the customer what is going on.

Full review pending on the helmet if it fits!:fingers-crossed-emo

Frank

I don't how this was shipped but when people send stuff to me via the US Postal system I never know whats going on until it arrives. Their tracking system just says they have been notified that a package is coming, the next information I get is either the site says it's delivered or there was an attempted delivery.

The US Postal system is a total waste, waste of money.

BOO

I retired from there in Sept. 09, wife, son and his wife still work there and they tell me that the P.O. main concern is getting rid of jobs the h*** with service. Fed-x, UPS anything is better than the post office for service. enough said

While the P.O. has the most archaic tracking system. They by far have the best chance of my package getting to me in one piece.

FedEX has better tracking but manages to damage more things, but does pay for damages they cause.

UPS has the very best tracking out there, But it is the exception to get my stuff in an undamaged box. UPS will not pay for damaged goods even when you buy the insurance, their standard line is "It is not our fault due to insufficient packaging, claim denied". Where I work we even PAID UPS $5K to design our packaging to handle their system and they still try to deny damage claims due to insufficient packaging.

UPS is always my last choice.

I do use FedEx when I need better tracking.

I use USPS the most. I don't care about their internal employment issues, just my stuff being where and when it is supposed to be there and IN ONE PIECE.

Given the choice I will always pick the Postal Service but some companies will only ship by one of the courier services. Mostly it doesn't make much difference in Canada but it's significant when getting goods from the USA. FedEx and UPS both have charged me brokerage fees of $25-$30 while USPS has never done that. That amount of money almost negates the value of buying online from abroad.