IGNORED

Jun trip - VR Assistance and recommendations

mmoffitt

Okay, so the wife and I are leaving out on our first long road trip in June. I've been working on the trailer and plan to stay at campground along the way but am looking for someone willing to let us bunk up with them for a day or two along the way so we can shower and refresh ourselves. We will be going from Colorado Springs to Chicago, then following Route 66 down. We will be at the Eureka Springs Meet and Eat for that long weekend. Here's the map of our route: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=217067729114273134767.000498d3e23585862bb97&ll=41.376809,-96.37207&spn=22.416404,35.551758&t=h&z=5

And here's our trip book of some of the stops along the way. I had to remove the pictures to make it small enough to upload.... Nothing in it is set in stone but I wanted to at least have some ideas of things to see along the way. Although we would appreciate recommendations or VR Assistance at any of our stops along the way, if there is anyone in the Chicago area, we will be there on the 19th and 20th of Jun and need a place to sleep.

Any recommendations of "must see" things anywhere along the route would be great as well!

Thansk!

Mike

Gary,

I appreciate. We will actually be spending a week in OK because that's where all the family lives. So Dad's got a shop there too and, even though he's gone to the darkside, he was a Venture rider for years and as far as I know, he's still got his venture in the shop...You coming to Eureka Springs? I think my dad and brother (and wives) will be meeting us there. Maybe everyone in OK will meetup for a ride out there.

Mike

we are located along your trip about 2 hours out of chicago along 88 in Dixon Il. give us a call on sat night before you leave Iowa city. be glad to buy you a cup of joe.

my number is in the profile. mike

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to get on the road. Would love to have a cup of coffee or ride among some of you as we pass through your areas...anyone interested kiddy leave us a note here and we will add you to our trip book and call the night before...:322:

:whistling::whistling: Well, since you offered, now I kinda feel obligated...:rotf::rotf: Guess I'll HAVE to stay there now! just have my old room ready!

You guys planning to get to the meet and eat on Thursday and stay through Sunday? That's what we were planning...but we are flexible.

Mike

Gary,

I appreciate. We will actually be spending a week in OK because that's where all the family lives. So Dad's got a shop there too and, even though he's gone to the darkside, he was a Venture rider for years and as far as I know, he's still got his venture in the shop...You coming to Eureka Springs? I think my dad and brother (and wives) will be meeting us there. Maybe everyone in OK will meetup for a ride out there.

Mike

Been thinking about going to Eureka Springs meet. Waiting until it gets a little closer to see what my work looks like . . . :)