IGNORED

Lost love found again.....but it's dead.

Snaggletooth

Ok, ya looked. I figured the way you guys follow Beavers advantures you'd jump all over that header. :whistling:

But.....I was digging in a couple of those old boxes that seem to follow you around for years that contain things that you keep for no reason and I did find something that I used to love but is was lost track of for years, actually decades and I like to find it again. It took me a while to figure out what is was but when I did I started jonesing for more.

Many moons ago, like in the mid 70's I was at a car show and ran across a different kind of car wax. It came in a plastic tub and was in a powder form. You would take a damp cloth and dip it in the powder and apply it like a paste. The thing was that it did not let water bead up like a regular wax.

After you finished applying it you could throw a bucket of water on the car and it would simply run off in a sheet. Not a spot to be seen. The effect was rather interesting when I would use RainX on the window also. People used to stop and look at the car when it was raining out because it looked like it was dry. You could see the rain drops hit and splash but then.....nothing. No beaded water, no spots and when it dried there were no water marks.

Sadly the tub is now so worn and faded I can read nothing on it. What powder is left is a solid, hard as nails chunk. Maybe if I throw it in the blender.....?

Sure would like to find out if it is still available. Only time I ever saw it for sale was at the car show. Never in a store, car mags or even offered on TV! But that was way before those fantastic infomercials were there to guide in our purchases.

Anybody ran across a product like this? As the kind of guy that would rather ride the bike than clean it..........see where I'm going with this........it would be great for bike.

Mike

Same here...never even heard of anything like that. Sounds interesting though. Of course, you have to remember that the paints are different now days. I would be a little concerned about any powder type product scratching a clear coat paint job. Maybe not but just something to consider.

I have seen the commercials on TV for something like that.

It was a long time ago, and I do not remember the name.

They always showed it as having done half of the car and then dumping the bucket of water to show how it sheets off and the wax stayed wet.

I think Turtle wax car wash used to make that claim also.

I can remember my Grand dad and dad using that stuff. The old Studebaker of my gramps always looked clean and dry, even during a thunderstorm. If you find it let me know, the powdered carnuba wax is just not the same. It is close but not the same. Shaun