IGNORED

headsets

warriorhoneybee

Lets put it this way, over the years we kept buying the 69 dollars and they usually last about one riding season, plus very tinny. Finally, I broke down and bought the most expensive ones at the time (529). I did try the Edsets, could barely hear anything with them, but the 529 has a nice bass sound and the tinny issue is not there.

I need to get Mechanic a new set, (hers are 3 years old), so it will be the 629 this time.

Sleeperhawk:

Are you saying ONE set is $629???? OMG! After just buying a new GPS, I don't think Pat will let me spend that much on new headsets, plus we both need one. don't want the cheap ones either...so is there something in between? (cost wise)...and I think I need one before Pat does...LOL

Sleeperhawk, I've seen you mention a couple of times about not being able to hear with the Edsets. I don't doubt what you are saying but I am absolutely SURE that there was some kind of problem with your installation or something. I've had cheap J&Ms, expensive J&Ms and expensive AirRider headsets and none of them were as good, as as good bass, or as loud as the Edsets.

You may have had everything installed perfectly but there was a problem of one kind or another. The Edsets are a very thin speaker. When I first got mine, I installed them in a helmet that had the foam cut out for the thick AirRider headsets. I stuck them deep into the hole that was made for the AirRiders and they didn't sound very well. I pulled them out and filled those old holes and jut put the Edset speakers right behind the helmet lining and properly center over my ears and they sound fantastic. They actually don't even need to be behind the lining. They are so thin that I have even used them on the outside of the lining and they are still very comfortable.

I'm not trying to change your mind but for the sake of sharing information to those who are looking at headsets, they need to hear both opinions. I respect your opinion a great deal but mine differs on this issue. The Edsets are the best that I've ever used. Sorry they didn't work out for you.

Did you sell yours? If not, l would sure like to get my hands on them and do some testing.

Sleeperhawk:

Are you saying ONE set is $629???? OMG! After just buying a new GPS, I don't think Pat will let me spend that much on new headsets, plus we both need one. don't want the cheap ones either...so is there something in between? (cost wise)...and I think I need one before Pat does...LOL

NO that is the model number of the new fancy ones, 629, the previous ones were 529.

The cheap ones were going for 49 to 69 over the years.

Sleeperhawk, I've seen you mention a couple of times about not being able to hear with the Edsets. I don't doubt what you are saying but I am absolutely SURE that there was some kind of problem with your installation or something. I've had cheap J&Ms, expensive J&Ms and expensive AirRider headsets and none of them were as good, as as good bass, or as loud as the Edsets.

You may have had everything installed perfectly but there was a problem of one kind or another. The Edsets are a very thin speaker. When I first got mine, I installed them in a helmet that had the foam cut out for the thick AirRider headsets. I stuck them deep into the hole that was made for the AirRiders and they didn't sound very well. I pulled them out and filled those old holes and jut put the Edset speakers right behind the helmet lining and properly center over my ears and they sound fantastic. They actually don't even need to be behind the lining. They are so thin that I have even used them on the outside of the lining and they are still very comfortable.

I'm not trying to change your mind but for the sake of sharing information to those who are looking at headsets, they need to hear both opinions. I respect your opinion a great deal but mine differs on this issue. The Edsets are the best that I've ever used. Sorry they didn't work out for you.

Did you sell yours? If not, l would sure like to get my hands on them and do some testing.

I may have them laying around in a box someplace, was hoping to try them on another helmet. These edsets I have are for a flip up helmet. The sound was coming through and at speeds of of 30 to 40 could hear ok, but anything above that even with volumes on Zumo and AUX cranked to the max, could barely hear anything. I swapped them and put in a cheap pair of J&M, about blew my ear drums out, forgot to turn down volumes, so I bought the 529 J&M pair and really no noise issues.

I posted this a little while ago on one of the other headset threads.. Sierra Electronics has "Last years" Elite Models on clearance - http://www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=326 at substantial savings if anyone is interested in the J&M brand. I have been using them for the past few years and they are great. Prior to that I used the "cheaper" ones and found the same as others.. they only lasted about a season. Headsets are like tires... everyone has their personal favorites :080402gudl_prv: