IGNORED

Filler panels between rear fender and saddle bags??

I am sure many of you have seen the filler panels that Harleys have between the rear fender and the saddle bags, most of the time they have tail lights, brake lights and of turn signals built in. Has anyone tried to do this on a Venture?

I am looking at some leds ideas, but most of what I have found are single illumination (all leds on or off at the same time) strips or bars, nothing that you could use as both running and brake or running and turn signals.

Just like to get a little more light back there to go along with my signal dymaics LED bar and my LED tail light.

Thanks for any ideas.

If you add a RTB controller I think you may get what you want. Change the blinkers out to led's and they will run on low power all the time for additional back lighting. If you want to add additional led lighting to the saddlebags or what ever, just wire them in with the turns. That will let them run all the time on low power, and either blink or brake with the turns. My suggestion for the RTB is the Kurakyn #4613 as this will work as a plug and play on the second gen RSV and extremely easy install. I added 2 - 24 lamp brake bars under my trunk with each wire to each side with the blinkers. They run on low power all the time, then blink / brake with the other lights. Easy install and lots of light.

Steve, check out this link.

http://www.chromeglow.com/catalog.asp?prodid=520657

I have my led strips back there wired with this piece to run as run/brake lights. Simple install. Looks like a Christmas tree now. :smile5:

Steve , I install about 10 pairs of these a show and they work great , I get them from Custom Dynamic for less then 5 bucks each . also check out the plazma rod form CD , pricy but better than led strips

Thanks for the ideas,

These are what I am looking at, I will need to fab a bracket that will attach to the side rails on the fender.

http://www.iowa80.com/DirectionsWEB/client/images/l158522.jpg

http://www.iowa80.com/DirectionsWEB/client/graphics/quickinfo_enlarge_btn.gif

11" RED EXTREME LED VERSA-LITE

Item Number: 158522

Regular price: $52.99

DESCRIPTION:

LEDs are spaced 1/2 inches apart to produce vibrant light displays forsafety and enhance visibility. LEDs are mounted on a PC board with ge;l-filled polycarbonate tubes to make these lights waterproof and shock/vibration resistant. Chrome trim. Can be used for inside or outside applicatons. Sold in pairs.

• 7 months later...

but I think I like them. I decided to go with the 7 inch lights instead of the 11 inch ones. There are not many attach points on the side rails so I decided to use the shorter lights to keep the cantilever effect to a minimum because I only used one attach point.

Right now the inside ones are set up as brake lights (red), the out board ones are set for turn signals (amber), as soon as the divider circuits arrive I set them up as dual intensity for running / brake / turn.