IGNORED

IE 9 upgrade

tufftom4

Did you try this site? I hope it's compatible because I have no plans at this point to make any changes here to make it so. I think that Microsoft screwed up this time. IE9 will only work on Windows 7. I am not running Windows 7 and have no plans to in the near future. XP works great for me. The new versions of Firefox and Google Chrome support Windows 7 but also XP and Vista. I am now running Firefox 4 and am pleased with it so am certainly not going to upgrade my operating system just so I can run IE9.

So, hopefully this site will work with IE9 but if it doesn't, I will just have to recommend that folks who insist on using IE9 also keep a copy of Firefox or Google Chrome handy for coming here.

Ive been running IE9 for quite some time at least a couple of months, and no issues. TuffTom, Perhaps you need an update to flash or java?

I like i,t its fast and the layout is good.

Brian

Edited by friesman

Ive been running IE9 for quite some time at least a couple of months, and no issues. TuffTom, Perhaps you need an update to flash or java?

I like i,t its fast and the layout is good.

Brian

DITTO

I've installed IE9 and haven't encountered any issues with any web sites.

IE9 works just fine on my end... I like it. :-) I also use FireFox 4 as well , love them both

--kj5ix just load IESPELL for IE

That is what I use here on ie8, but when I tried 9 it went into 64 bit mode, ans iespell don't work all that good in 64 bit,,,:confused24: I like fore fox, but for some reason it doesn't show embedded graphics on either of my web sites,, That one has me baffled.

kj5ix if you installed the 64 bit you also have the 32 bit installed. You may have to make you a short cut to it. The 32 bit is faster.

Instead what you need to do is to download the 64-bit version of IE 9. Yes, I know, it’s the version you don’t want if you want great Web browser performance, just stick with me. After you’ve done this, if you look at your All Programs menu, you’ll see, right under Internet Explorer (64-bit), “Internet Explorer,” that’s the 32-bit version.

That’s right, when you install the 64-bit version, just like a Cracker-Jack prize, you get the real prize–32-bit IE 9–at the bottom of the box.

Here is a article on it in the link below.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking/installing-32-bit-ie-9-on-64-bit-windows/802?tag=content;search-results-rivers

Edited by Michael_Bishop
add to it.

if you look at the link I put in and click on it and read it. You would see what I was tell about. When you have vista or windows 7 64 bit and install ie9 you have to install the 64 bit. But when you install it you get the 32 bit version to. If you hit your start button and tell it to show all programs and then look for the ie9 you will see ie9 64 bit and then under it you will see ie9 that is the 32 bit version. They are saying that the 32 bit version is a little faster than the 64 bit one. I don't know why but the people that thest them says it is.

Downloaded the ? Release version (not beta version). Internet was noticably faster, but a couple features in Facebook no longer worked. We had to go back to IE8 cause my wife is into that Facebook stuff.

A week or so later we got an email from Facebook saying they had a problem.