I have read enough about Raising my 2005 RS Tour dlx. to make me dangerous. It appears to me a Bike Jack (ala sears) will hit the pipes before frame. I am thinking a centerstand is right for me. I have had several bikes with them and LIKED It. I am not someone who can cough up $300.00 for one. What year Centerstand from an older bike do I need AND Is someone currently making the adapter parts???I do my own work and am somewhat Mech. inclined but dont really want to fab my own adapter bracket as I am not a Machine shop kinda guy.

I Think this bike is Amazing for its weight.

Lag in cruise control kicking in normal?

Speedo moves up a little notchy, normal?

bike has 14,000 miles and is a 2005 model would you

Flush the brakes and clutch (hyd.)?

Tune it (plugs)

Change Thermostat?

Many Thanks in Advance

bf

Mine is also an 05 RSTD!

Gunboat was kind enough to send me his center stand, not sure where he got it. Ponch made me the brackets I needed! It took a little getting use to once everything was installed. At first I could not raise the bike unless I had a 2x4 under the wheel. Now I can raise her without the 2x4 but it takes some umph on my part. Not sure if I just finally figured the right leverage for her or the center stand went through an adjustment stage. Probably little of both! Also little hard getting her off the stand and I really have to rock her hard forward while sitting on the bike to keep her balanced. Hoping to get Ponch to adjust her a little during Don's MD in Ohio in the near future! So all that said try Ponch! He may have the source for the stands.

I also have a craftsman bike jack which I have used to remove the rear tire, the front tire, and the forks. I have had no problems with her!

Yes to cruise, yes to speedo, big time yes to changing clutch and brake fluid (actually do that asap for safety) My understanding that plugs can last a long time these days. Don't know about thermostat. I have 36,000 on mine and not ever, once had a coolant problem. Coolant has been changed regularly!

Many of us here use a frame/lift adapter made by member Carbon1 with a Sears jack. The Carbon1 lift adapter locks into the holes in the frame where the center stand would be on bikes without one. The Carbon1 adapter can optionally be ordered with legs such that you can then afix the legs after raising the bike, and then set it down on sturdy legs and remove the jack. Thats what I do.

There are numerous threads here about this. some people use a couple pieces of 2x4 on the jack to keep it away from the pipes.

I also have a '05RSTD, and a sears lift. What I did was order the K&L Royal Star bracket (KL Part 35-0820) and place it on 1x4s and it works really well. I am changing out the coolant this weekend, and I will try and post some pics.

Now when you order it, they will ask if you have a K&L lift (so I ordered online, since they were not intereted in selling it without the lift.

Sorry for the persistence I would still like to buy a bracket or complete centerstand. I would also like to know what years (older venture) Centerstand you need to start with there are several on e-bay.

Many Thanks

bf

Does this thread plus this thread answer your question?

Regarding the cruise control, press SET followed immediately by ACC to set the speed instantly, no delay.

You can tell by looking at the fluids if they need replacement. Dark == replace, just like on any other bike.

I would do a carb sync to make sure the engine is running smoothly. That is probably the fastest way to gain a smoother and more powerful ride. Please note that the service manual procedure is incorrect, so follow the link instead.

Like mentioned before, many of us use the Carbon_One freestanding lift adapter. If you just want to lift the bike, blocks of 2x4s or hockey pucks can be used to make sure the lift touches the frame before the hanging engine.

Dave