IGNORED

Finding a Kumho

crockettrider

There is a tire shop here in Waller that last time I spoke with him he had 3 and could get as many as I wanted, at that time they wanted $67.00 , If you want I can check them out tomorrow and see what they have.

Kreg

Has anyone found a Kumho as of late? I am having a hard time locating a 160/80 r15

How do folks like the federal?

I can't take the 400-5000 I am getting on an M/C anymore.

hi mark

i belive i have a spare kumo setting in my storage shed. it may be used with just a 1,000 or so miles on it. it was given to me by someone who decided to go back to a m/t. it's yours if you want it. reguards

don c.

Thanks to all for the info. I would have replied sooner but the kids were home during Spring Break and made me drink loads of beer and eat crawfish all week.

I have contacted the person that listed on these forums (try and support our own) Thanks Bryan

Gunboat, last time I tried the Kumho it set at close to 100#'s. I want to try an new one, heated and mounted with a well lubed rim. I hope to get it to seat at a much lower pressure.I didn't like the broken belt. But many thanks for the offer.

Discount tire....who'd have thunk it? Never even tried but that and Waller may be option #2

Thanks again folks. Always great to pop in and out when help is needed....and receive it!

:fingers-crossed-emo

I ended up buying the Kumho off Chris on the forums.

Maybe I should start a thread for this but lets see what happens here.

The last Kumho I bought seated at close to 100 #'s. I ended up with a broken belt that created a slow speed wobble that took me a while to find.

I am bound and determined to mount this with less pressure.

Clean the rim, warm the tire and lubricate the rim with tire lubricant.

What, if anything has anyone else done to get it to mount at lower pressure?

My brothers mounted at under 80#'s and he loves it, I rode his bike and it was just fine.

Good lube that doesn't dry out quickly and a warm tire with a clean (almost polished) rim.

My last one wouldn't set right away so we set it in the bed of a black pickup truck and let it sit in bright sunlight. After about 15 minutes, we heard it set. We lubed it with Vaseline. It had more than 80PSI, but I bet it would have set at 80.

Good lube that doesn't dry out quickly and a warm tire with a clean (almost polished) rim.

My last one wouldn't set right away so we set it in the bed of a black pickup truck and let it sit in bright sunlight. After about 15 minutes, we heard it set. We lubed it with Vaseline. It had more than 80PSI, but I bet it would have set at 80.

I have a friend with a VTX and his tires (c.t.) set at 45 pounds. Apparently his rims are a little different in design.

I sure would like to hit lower pressures.

Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Been dealing with that problem for months as We use the Kumho165/80/15 on our older VW Beetles.

I just switch over to Nankangs they seem to be just fine. (tireseasy)

Just bought (5) of them last week. nothing in site for Kumho:confused24:

Jeff

Been dealing with that problem for months as We use the Kumho165/80/15 on our older VW Beetles.

I just switch over to Nankangs they seem to be just fine. (tireseasy)

Just bought (5) of them last week. nothing in site for Kumho:confused24:

Jeff

Good to know!

• 2 weeks later...

No don't almost polish the rim, do polish it, did one a honda magna a couple of months ago, they had tried and tried to get it to seat, asked me if I had any suggestions, I told Bruce lets try cleaning the wheel better, so we used my jewelers wheel and white polishing bar, polished the wheel till it looked like chrome, the tire popped right out at 45 to 50 psi.

Next I put on my venture I'm gonna do it the same way.

Polishing the wheel makes sense to me.

Years ago at Sunoco we used a 50/50 solution of dawn to water solution.

I need to go to garage an find out what the name of that oring lube is for water and sewer pipe.

I use to take a sledge and a 4x4 to drive pipe togeter. John from the water company saw me and asks why I did it that way. Then he proceeded to show me since the oring was lubed you just need to keep your foot on the shovel, inserting it into the ground, flush with end of pipe, about 2 inches, and pry back with smooth even pressure. It worked just about every time!

If the rim is smooth as you can make it, and lubed it should seat easier.

Has anyone every found out wht the actual size difference is between a rear venture rim and a voltswagon rim?:detective: