IGNORED

Why is it hard to give people money?

timgray

I have been trying for 3 weeks to buy my wife a motorcycle. I have answered 10 ad's on craigs list, told them I have cash on hand and I will buy the bike if I like it. I cant get anyone to call me back, one guy keeps stalling, and another that was willing to meet decided he is not selling it anymore.

I cant figure it out.

Bad time of the year to buy a bike. Sellers know that people are just starting to think about buying so they aren't in any rush to sell right now. Even with the economy in the flusher, everything that I have been seeing on CL is way over priced.

Had the same experience last week. Tried to buy a bike from a guy, cash in hand all he had to do was show me the title... all the sudden he didnt want to sell it. WTF why post the ad in the first place if you don't have a good title. What a waste!

When I advertise with Craigs list I am BOMBARDED with spam. I am sure they are too; so' to make yourself look more like a real person ie name, phone # , use written # s as well as numerical #'s ie two 5 one,

Also tell them how far away your are from them and ask for a time to call or meet.

I got to where I would just scan the replies and if it seemed like the same old spam/scam ...."I have money and want to buy your item and will pay you much more than it is worth if you will send me xxx#$ to cover shipping to me etc...

I would just delete the email.

After a while thought I collected all the spam emails and made a mailing list of them so anytime I got spammed I forwarded it out to everyone of them on the list.:big-grin-emoticon:

May not have helped but made me feel much better.

Yep let us know what you are looking for. I am only 500 miles from you so dont be scared to shop this way, it would be a nice trip. I have tons of contacts and a awesome dealer. Heck I could even help ya on lodging so dont be worried with making a trip down to Missouri, I got ya covered

I went through that a couple years ago with an Impala on CL. I felt something wrong with the rear end as soon as I got it on the road so I put it on the lift at a friends shop. Then I saw the damage from the apparent wreck or ditch it had been in. When I got back to the owners house, his Dad went off screaming and swearing at me for having been gone so long. It was only about 45-50 minutes! I tried telling him what was wrong with it and tried making an offer, but he wouldn't stop being belligerent long enough to listen to me. I then tried to contact CL about the obvious con job this guys was trying to pull, but CL wouldn't look into it.

Bill

I have been trying for 3 weeks to buy my wife a motorcycle. I have answered 10 ad's on craigs list, told them I have cash on hand and I will buy the bike if I like it. I cant get anyone to call me back, one guy keeps stalling, and another that was willing to meet decided he is not selling it anymore.

I cant figure it out.

Sent you a PM on a friends 2006 650 star motorcycle with 2100 miles on it.

I just sold one from an ad I put on Craigslist. I still have one more to sell. I had alot of people inquire, it took me 2 days to reply to everyone. The first one out to look bought it. I still have a '98 Honda Shadow Ace Tourer VT1100T for sale. PM or email me if interested

I've had my RSTD on CL for a few months now. It's at a reasonable price, and people will call and say it's exactly what their looking for, then I never hear back from them.

I've sold lots of stuff on Craigslist, but not having much luck with this bike. It's a really nice bike too.