IGNORED

Hf tag along build issue - wheel wobble

marinakorp

Hi all,

Building a tag along, and noticed that when spinning the wheels, there is a pronounced "wobble" in the wheels.

Took the hubs out, re packed bearings, re installed, seated bearings, and still have the wobble. There is no movement in the bearing/hub...

Placed a square along the axle with some gap between tore and square.... On rotation, a portion of tire till contact square, and then not.

This happens on both sides of the axle, both wheels.

Any sugestions.

I am in the king of Prussia pa area.

Sounds like cruddy quality control at the factory (not too surprising in China). The hubs are probably welded wrong, or maybe even the bearing races not seated straight. Anyway, I would just insist on a replacement from HF.

Goose

Sir,

I believe this is manufactured by HF (iv'e been wrong before). Anyways I had a HF Trailer and cut it down to make it less wide. Every thing rolled just fine when attached to the frame (thus holding the axle in a fixed position). I noted when disconnected from the frame it acted all funny like Toe In and Toe Out was just wobbling all around the garage floor. Just then my Brother grabbed the axle and held it straight and rolled with Toe IN and then he flipped axle 180 degree and it rolled Toe Out. So you can imagine we paid close attention to what was UP vs Down when we cut and welded the shorter axle.

There was a very slight curvature to the main axle.

Connect it to the Frame then roll it see how it goes.

Yes maybe bent Rim or crap tires too.

Let us know what ya found. :080402gudl_prv:

MORE Info Here : http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51272

Edited by frogmaster
MORE Info Here : http://www.venturerider

Yes, it was this thread that made me look close at the axle for the issue.

Hopefully the new axle will fix this issue... and it takes less than 10 weeks to get here!

GOing to see if I can't find a spare wheel at the local tractor supply or the Harbor Freight store.

If the new tire fixes the issue, GREAT...simple and inexpensive...gets me on road quickly.

If not, returnable, or keep as a spare, while waiting for the Axle to get here.

thanks for the input

The axle will not cause the wheel to wobble. If it was the axle the tire would tilt in or out or toe in or out but NOT wobble. It would have to be the tire or wheel to cause this only.

Best of luck:fingers-crossed-emo

Or the HUB.

Got a spare wheel... still having the issue.

ANy CLUE where I can get a spre hub from?

What replacement hubs will fit this?

I saw a 1" replacement hub at Tractor Supply... Not sure if it will fit or not.

Starting to regret purchase... need to have fixed SOON (er vs later)... as I am planning on a dew trips...already took the time off.

ANyone in the Philadelphia / eastern Pa (lancaster, etc) area have a hub that they can loan me to determin if tis is the issue or not?