IGNORED

Patriot Guard Riders are going to be in a big demand now

polecat54

I am a strong believer in the Constitution and the 1st Amendment but common decency should be factored in. This is an unfortunate ruling but the PGR will continue as we have for the past years. It's great to see all of the members here who are members and who have joined. Please remember who the PGR is and what we stand for moving forward.

We are not a political group or a counter protest group. We honor these heroes at the request of the families and we are not involved in other protests. We all have strong personal opinions about what the WBC is doing but we can't allow them to drag us into anything that would put our mission at risk. A number of them are lawyers and they keep themselves funded through litigation so we can never give them an openning. What we do for the families of these heroes is too important even when the UGs don't show up.

If you attend a PGR Mission please remember why we're there and follow the mission. If you feel the need to counter protest at some other venue that WBC may be picketing (I may join you) please remove anything that would tie you to PGR.

Thanks again all. Your support for our troops once again shows the kind of people who are members of VentureRiders. This is an awesome group.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, as a Vietnam veteran, they DO make my blod boil, and as a "born again Christian" I do know what the Bible has to say on a LOT of topics! I can "understand" where their perverted outlook comes from but I certainly do NOT agree from them! I would confront them, but I would confront them with GOD's word.

I am PGR but until I retire, I don't have the time off to participate with missions though I want to. I'm thinking that if enough of us participate we will strongly outnumber them and confrontatkon will not be an issue...

Free speech is what this country has had and should continue to have. Now having said that, these idiots from westboro are just vile and it saddens me to think that they call themselves a "church"

Empathy is what makes humans a bit more than animals. Parents lose a child and these animals protest, there is no empathy in these animals what-so-ever. There WILL be a special place in hell for these monsters

I don't know how to stop them. Maybe the states can pass a law that allows them to protest but say at least 5 miles away, that way they have the right to "free speech " but the family can bury their loved ones in peace

I am a PGR member and a Retired Viet-Nam Vet so I have to side with Free speech but also Common Sense

Edited by Arcs&Sparks
added content

My first encounters with war protesters was in the 60s as a young soldier. I learned all about free speech back then.

WBC is just another irrelevant group of nasty people who don't know, don't want to know, don't care, and desperately need to show just how irrelevant they truly are. They won't change anything in the end, except themselves.

I joined the PGR to stand the line for the veteran and the veteran's family. That matters.

Edited by Hobscotch

This video was obviously produced before the high court released its decision, but it will give you a good idea what a PGR mission is like, and what its intentions are:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--92lbsY2T0]YouTube - NRA Life of Duty Patriot Profile -- Patriot Guard Riders[/ame]

Don

Guest scarylarry

In Tenn. some counties if not all by now have pass 1500ft law for them.

Also some semi trailers have block them in some cases here..

I have rode with the PGR and is also a member as well, for the ones that haven't done this be sure to wear dark glasses and keep tissue on hand..

Remember these folks want to provoke you, so they can collect off you and the PGR as well...

Always keep this in mind their day will come..

I was at a meeting yesterday at work, and alot of people there know I am involved with the PGR, and wanted to talk about the high court's decision. Alot of people seem to think that the WBC is out to sue the people who want to assault them. This is generally not the case. What they do is notifiy the local municipality in advance that they are coming and request police protection (public taxpayer funded, of course). (Maybe the municipality should be allowed to charge them for the cost of that protection?) An area is set aside for them at least 500 feet (federal law) from any portion of the funeral/cemetary, etc. Then, during the services they do their thing, (that's where PGR comes in) hoping to be assaulted/acosted, whatever. Then, when that occurs, they sue the police department/city/county/state (again, taxpayer money) for failing to protect their first ammendment rights, under the 14th ammendment. Now that's not to say they couldn't or wouldn't sue an individual or non-governmental group, but they are going after the big government money, i.e. your taxpayer money. This is the biggest scam we've seen in a while. It's not about religion, war, or even homosexuality. It's quite simply, about money. BTW, they have several lawyers in their "church" so it costs them little to nothing to file all their lawsuits. I wish the media would report this portion of the story, but I guess that wouldn't be interesting enough to attract readers/viewers. Finally, keep in mind, if you come to an honor mission, and you live in the area, it's YOUR taxpayer money they are going to get if you or someone else assaults them. And don't think for a second that if you get anywhere near one of them, they won't drop like a rock and claim that you assaulted them. Just do your best to ignore them. There's no shame in admitting you can't tolerate them, and leave the mission. I've seen it, and no one judges you. Hope this helps clear some things up. Don

Yes, free speech. I remember it well during Nam. Tell me all about free speech and what I don't understand. Wait, on second thought, don't. :buttkick:Me thinks this topic is going nowhere. :beer: I apologize for getting involved.

Edited by zooer

I believe in the Lord god almighty. And I understand that the good book says some things about homosexuality, BUT it also says if you work on the sabith you are to be STONED TO DEATH. We have to use alittle common sense,come on. My son is a gay man, and I have never been prouder of anyone in my life. It is bad enough to be voicing against any human being, but our soilders, who fight for our freedom, and sometimes die for our freedom. They should be held in our hearts forever.:no-no-no:

Charlie Sheen 47, is all over the news because he's a celebrity drug addict. ( frankly, I'm sick of hearing about him)

Meanwhile, Kristopher J. Gould, 25, Andrew Wilfahrt 31, Brian Tabada 21, Rudolph Hizon 22, Chauncy Mays 25 are all soldiers who gave their lives this week with no media mention. Honor THEM by re-posting this.

I just heard on the noon news that the WBC group was HIGH on the supreme court decision and they were no longer just going to concentrate on just the military. They are coming to Ky to protest Catholic and Protestent churches this weekend. They said God hates Catholics and false prohet churches.

C.R.

Hey, if WBC has decided they want to P#$$off the Pope, I say they should go for it!!!:confused24: Maybe he can arrange for them to see the real wrath of God.

As far as their right to protest, I am more than a little concerned the SC does not consider this on par with hate speeches which are not protected under the 1st amendment.

And I also wonder how they have a right to protest at cemeteries, as most are private property. Unless they only protest at National Cemeteries which are public?

"And I also wonder how they have a right to protest at cemeteries, as most are private property. Unless they only protest at National Cemeteries which are public?"

The current federal law prohibits them from protesting within 500 feet of the cemetary or church entrance or any portion of a funeral, regardless if they are publicly or privately owned. They (WBC) are currently pursuing litigation to have that law deemed unconstitutional, but it hasn't happened yet. Hopefully it never will. Don

That is what the WBC idiots want. You go there and threaten them and they sue you,that's how they finance themselves. The PGR has found the most effective means of making them a non-issue. I am surprised nobody has taken more drastic measures against them yet.

I have faced off against those disgusting people many times,,,they make me sick. Too bad the the families must endure this abuse.

Joe,

If you go to http://www.patriotguard.org/ you can sign up and find out about missions in your area. You only need to show up with your 3x5 flag and a desire to do the RIGHT THING, pay Honor and Respect to our fallen hero's.

YEP, What he said. (except that I have not had the misfortune to meet these jerks, And if you do not have a flag.....there just may be one there for you)

This link is an interview with the Mississippe State Captain done by AFA. It is a youtube video but it is listed on his facebook page. I have not been able to find it on youtube.

Ed is a vietnam Vet, He did an excelent job with the interview. It is a pretty good description of who the PGR is.

[ame=http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1876017498725&comments]Incompatible Browser | Facebook[/ame]

Guy over here was fined fifty quid for insulting behaviour on Remembrance Day last November. Not a very heavy fine, but at least it was a statement that some behaviour is unacceptable. There was a comment that such behaviour was bound to cause a breach of the peace - that you would expect an ordinary person to react in an unacceptable way - but I can't find who it came from - the magistrate or somebody else.

Well, I for one applaud that " magistrate or somebody else"

That is WBC's goal... to make an ordinary person(s) to react in an unacceptable way.

I see no difference to what they are currently doing as compared to someone shouting "fire" in a crowded area, or holding signs with racial slurs.

The bad part, about the whole thing, is that someone is going to get hurt seriously if not permanently...

I believe in freedom of speech but we must respect our recently departed and family. And if they don't, the tv stations should not report it...

As far as their right to protest, I am more than a little concerned the SC does not consider this on par with hate speeches which are not protected under the 1st amendment.

QUOTE]

This is the part that I don't understand. When it is "hate speech" to say many things politically incorrect about a person that is gay, I can not see how this group has been able to take this as far as they do, and in the media. :confused24:

RandyA