IGNORED

Speaker upgrade question

1BigDog

Guest scarylarry

Installed a set of polks this weekend, I did add the bass blockers too..

I'm happy with them and they are more of a crisp sound I did not do the rear and doubt if I will...

Also Amazon has them cheaper too..

Just ordered the 401's from crutchfield. 79 for one set and 1/2 off the second set. Also bought the speaker baffles as well. Thanks for the quick help. :smile5:

Sure do hope this upgrade meets Eck's expectations.

Dang, shoulda looked at Amazon first. They were a bit cheaper in price. Oh well, would have had to order the baffles from crutchfield anyway and pay for shippng as well. Guess it all worked out about the same.

Edited by Ruffy
DOH!!

They may be too deep for the rear speaker pods. I first bought a set of Alpines that worked fine in the front but were too deep for the rear. I really don't worry about whether or not they are marine rated. The polks are but I've had some that weren't and they were fine.

How about speaker options for the 1st gens? If i remember right, they're 4.5" aren't they? I'm about to resort to finding a good pair of 4" speakers and make a plate to take up the extra .5".

It's been a long time but I THINK they are 4" also. I know that back when I had my '88, I replaced them with a set of Pioneers that I picked up at Walmart.