IGNORED

Removed all my badges

OK...with extremely SORE THUMBS, I am happy to say that I have removed ALL of my tank badges. WOW, the tank badges were really stuck on there!

Now, the reason I did this is because in June my hometown (Blytheville, AR) is hosting a Car and Motorcycle Show and have paid a professional pinstriper to come in and do some pinstriping on the cars and motorcycles. That doesn't mean I am gonna have pinstriping done on my tank, I may just personalize the trunk or something. I really don't know what I am gonna do yet...which I why I am posting.

For those that have removed your tank badges...did you just leave it like that, did you have graphics painted on it, or did you have painted? Or did you do something else.

Pictures would be great...am I gonna steal your idea? No, but I might borrow "parts" of it. LOL

Wally

I always debadge my bikes when I get them.. Yamaha doesn't pay me to advertise for them so off goes the badges.. the dealership was annoyed I took their dealership tags off as well lol.. I asked him for $500 a year for advertising fees.. he didn't think it was funny and suggested perhaps I would like my servicing done elsewhere.. He didn't like the phone call he got from Yamaha rep later on.. silly people

Imagine how hard it would be to debadge a Harley?! Prolly one of the reasons I don't have one lol

Check out my gallery. I have also removed tank bibb, rotor covers, and all chrome from front fender. Alot more to do, but has been a busy winter. Rear fender chrome next. Considering Marshall Mod single antenna in black as funds allow.

I really like the de badged look. Very nice. Clean slick looking. :bluesbrother:

Badges are applied with a double 3-M type tape. Use a fishing line or slowly lift a corner and keeping prssure on it till it slowly comes off. Any tape left behind can either be rubbed off or removed with a Goop- Off type of solvent.

Applying heat to the badge with a heat gun or hair blow dryer will make them come off easier as well.

Larry