IGNORED

Is it just me?

a1bummer

Or does it seem that nobody bothers to answer their phones anymore? I'm not talking about my friends or relatives either. However some of them don't like to answer their phones either. I'm talking about businesses, employers, etc.. Just to name a couple, I've been trying to reach a guy who contacted me via email about a lab tech. job and he never answers his phone. I keep leaving messages but he doesn't call back. Last summer I had applied for another job not to far from home that payed well. The woman who was in charge of setting up new employee start dates called me but called the wrong number. I got her message about setting up a my start date about 5 days later. I called her asap but she wouldn't return my calls. I got a hold of the main office to explain what happened and I was told I didn't pass their physical. I asked what par of the physical I didn't pass and I was told that the people who performed the physical didn't supply that information. Which sounded fishy seeing as how the message was to discuss my start date. There has been more than one time when I was looking for some goodies of some sort during normal business hours and they didn't answer the phone, I simply left a message that seeing as how there was nobody to answer the phone, I was going to take my business elsewhere. The last tie I was looking for a dentist, I made about 4 calls to different dentists until I got to one that was actually open or bothered to answer the phone.

Now I know people get busy or have other issues arise, but it seems to be happening more and more.

Ok, ok, enough ranting.I just needed to vent a bit. I've just been looking for a better job and it doesn't seem as though I'm being taken very seriously.

I'm glad riding season is almost here!

Bill, :255:

In my opinion right now it is a employers market, not employees. Someone list an opportunity (help wanted) and they are flooded with tons of apps. I believe that the face to face is leaving this world, everything is computer based, or web this, or text that, that life as I knew it is long gone. Getting to sit down and talk with anyone is like pulling eye teeth anymore. The only ones willing to talk are the collection agencies...... LOL

In other words.................its not just you. I am seeing that same thing in my area. :whistling:

I was wanting new windows, siding, roof, gutter, doors put on my house. Called 5 contractors. Two showed up. One of them bid it. Guess who I wrote a check too....

It seems to be a whole lot more efficient to let the answering machine answer the calls and then return only the one that seem important to you. That way you don't spend the whole day on the phone with people that don't do anything for you. For me,,,,, when I call a business and I get the machine, I just hang up the first time. If I need them bad enough, I will leave a message the second time, if they don't get back to me within the hour, somebody else gets that business, or I'll do it another way.

I DON"T LIKE ANSWERING MACHINES!!!!!!

No surprise here.

I was supposed to be collaborating on a few research related items with another department here at my University - literally, they are the next building over. I have had numerous e-mail, telephone and a few face to face exchanges with them as I did what they wanted me to do. Now that it is their turn to help me, they don't respond to ANYTHING.

I have a faster turn around by sending my samples off to a colleague a few states away. I just don't get it either.

I call a person that listed a trailer on craigs list so did my son we both left messages no reply hard to sell some thing when you dont answer phone or return call or remove add if sold

They don't call back probably because it was sold and they haven't bothered to remove the ad. Just plain INCONSIDERATE!!