IGNORED

LED Trailer lights

KeithR

I just came across these lights on Ebay that look interesting and the price is not to bad either. I may order a couple for the back of my trailer. There are listings for red or amber.

Keith

Link will not work - Item # 360312860314

Edited by KeithR

The ebay link shows phones...??

You might want to check the "handling and postage" on those lights...:mo money:

Also, Wal-Marts trailer hitch parts section has LED lights that look very simular to the ones in your picture and have a chrome base if I'm not mistaken, and they might be a lot cheaper since no postage would be involved.

Another idea which you may have already thought of is if there is a trailer sales place near you they have several LED types.

Hey just a thought...good luck what ever you decide.

Not a whole lot of shopping options in my part of the world - Ebay and the internet are my friends when it comes to shopping. Shipping seems to be reasonable - around $7.00

I tried several times to get the link to work but it just won't work for me.

Thanks for the link Jeff!!

:missingtooth:

Keith

Careful !!!

I did not see any dimension information like L x W x H or Square inches or centimeters. I am not a DOT expert in USA or Canada but I have had friends with home made M/C Trailers who did their own Trailer Lights and was not allowed to cross the boarder and others who where ticketed for NOT meeting DOT Specs.

These LED lights look like my side markers (About the size of my finger).

EDIT: Found this Link: http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/standards/conspicuity/Trlrpstr.html

Edited by frogmaster
Added Link

I have very similar lights on my RSV as additional lights. They work great but the difference from high to low is not great. I have some 3 wire and 2 wires sets. They are about 1/2" wide, ~5" long and about 1" deep. I don't know if I purchase from the above ebayer as I have had them over a year. The shipping seams high (8.35 for my location) but does offer combined shipping (quantity of 2-8 shipping only increase .25).

Good luck

I was looking at these as additional lightsfor the back of my Piggybacker not for main running or brake lights.

Size:

3.81" / 96.84mm Length

0.69'' / 17.52MM Wide

0.63" / 16.22mm Height

Hole centers 3" / 76.19mm

Keith,

Extra Lights are a good thing as long as the Brake & Turn are not diminished. :080402gudl_prv: