IGNORED

Is J&M really the best?

zooer

I've tried several. I've owned cheap and expensive J&M, AirRider and Edsets. I prefer the Edsets over all the rest.

plus one on the esets

Any recommendations for half/shorty helmets? I have a cheap pair that I had to modify for half helmets.

edsets

I have had good luck with the cheap J&M's, but there are others, just got a helmet with EdSets so we can find out more about them, like the features.

But here is another option, WingStuff.com has a good selection and they do installs also, and for less money than J&M.

So far I've had the cheap and the Elites in the J&M's and I can tell you there is a world of difference between the two.

The only thing that I would use the cheap ones for was the intercom. It drove me nuts to try to listen to music through them. They were horrible for music.

The thing I don't understand is if they can make a $20 pair of ipod headsets sound so good, why don't they use that same technology in these types of headsets. Some of those ipod headsets sound great and are not expensive. The set I use while running sound awesome. I've thought alot about trying to figure out a way to use those in my helmet.

I dont run headsets as I have half helmets and listen through the bikes speakers. I do have a J&M microphone for the CB transmitting and everyone I have talked with says mine is very clear. I have been happy with the J&M product I am running, I have almost $400 in 2 helmets with all the piecing together of it all. I bought them at Sierra Electronics like Don spoke of, very happy with their service.

Thanks for all the great posts. :bowdown: I finally got a chance to listen to both of J@M models and played some Boston Pops music. :wow:I can tell you that there is a huge "as in big" difference between their cheaper model and the best:banana: :thumbsup2: You get what you pay for. I did buy the best high priced model and I guess I'll have to test an EDSET another time.

:beer: Thanks to all.

I have to be honest here. I am really confused about the various cords to have to chose from. You have to select from various types of lower end, z cords. You select at headset and then you have to select cords. Choices, CHOICES why cant it be simple??

Lost in Texas.:confused24:

Rick A.