IGNORED

My post was not political motivated

E-Fishin-C

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie,

We understand that your post was not politically motivated. Unfortunately, there are a select few on the site that take every oportunity to try and make a political statement.

Unforetunately, when that happens, threads head sourth and they end up getting deleted.

Attempts by the select few turn a thread political has resulted in a lot of important information either getting deleted or never posted to the detriment of the majority of the members.

Your thread was discussed amonst the moderators long before it reached a point where it ended up getting deleted. And, as Don has pointed out countless times in the past, because it was felt that the initial information was important, a decision was made to let it run for a while. Unfortunately, the moderators could tell where the thread would head, and dispite a couple of cautionary postings, it ended up going political.

So, lets just move on and let it R.I.P.

You boys down south see life differently Like you'll blip out **** but not sex on the forum

and See **** its sht

Charlie, Your post was VERY informative and I am glad you posted it but that being said some will add politics to it and believe me (after belonging to another site I will not mention) there seems to be no moderators on that site and it gets nasty and about 10-12 people are the ongoing instigaters on that site and its like they OWN the site. I hate to post ANY question over there because of the smarta$$ remarks that will follow. Trust me,I bite my tongue BIG TIME trying not to reply with my politics on any thread.Those that know me KNOW my politics right? Anyway Thank You for posting that Info as I will need it soon!

It's just too easy to get caught up in the argument no matter what side you're on. To have a policy against ANY political/religion/morality discussions is the ONLY way to successfully run a forum.

What generally happens is that a political post is made and the opposing side feels they have to respond to both take up for their side and also to balance the discussion...which really NEVER happens.

I too have been caught up in them...even on here. I won't anymore. I just don't respond anymore regardless if the facts are accurate OR inaccurate. Not only do I do that here, but also on Facebook, emails and anywhere else a political discussion can take place.

Like Don, I delete any political/religion/morality discussions on my forums. I also delete the entire thread, that way there is NO QUESTION as to what is left in the post and what is taken out...plus it is just MUCH easier to do it that way...then everyone tends to get the idea much quicker.

Thanks.

How about just deleting the offending posts, instead of a whole thread?

Don Answered this in the deleted thread. Basically he felt people would complain about their post being deleted when someone's elses should have been deleted. Blah blah. and he did not want to hear it.

I liked the idea, but understand.

Brad

Welcome to censorship...

It's a privately owned forum so the owner can do what he wants. Not really censorship in its truest form. I belong to a couple forums where politics is allowed. I rarely go into these forums as the garbage spewed in there can be downright nasty. Don't like this kind of moderation here then leave. If politics is ever allowed here the entire make up of this forum will change and it won't be for the better.

You boys down south see life differently Like you'll blip out **** but not sex on the forum

and See **** its sht

Charlie, you and I went back and forth on this a long time ago. I absolutely do NOT understand what your problem is with the word sex. You feel that any post with the word SEX should be deleted. Since you had to bring it up again, it would be interesting to know if ANYBODY else here considers that a dirty word. Heck...even my driver's license has the word SEX on it.