IGNORED

Cortisone shots...the duct tape of the human body!

1BigDog

Had both knees shot up yesterday with Cortisone. Usually Erin, the PA at the ortho center does a great job injecting me but this time they were so inflamed that she said it was like pushing that 3" needle through leather. ou know its pretty bad when you actually look forward to these shots. Add another Lap Band fill with another needle to the belly and I feel like a human pin cushion. But im good to go for a few months anyway. :smile5:

MAn I wish I could take that stuff. first time I had one of those injections the doc found out it doesnt work for me . LAsted every bit of ten minutes and then the pain came back 2 fold.. Ended up having to do the operation on my shoulder earlier than planned. Doc said it was some kind of fluke he had never sen someone go from pian to relief and back again in the course of one office visit.

Good luck

David

Did a couple cortisone shots in my left knee, they hold up for a couple months. Last spring I had him shoot it up with Synvisc, that was last April-May, 3 injections a week apart. It's still holding up pretty good, better than the cortisone. Might do it again in a couple months but that would be a year.

Yes, I know they deteriorate the joint over time but these need to be replaced soon anyway.

Synvisc wont work for me either. You need some cartalege in there for them to work. I dont have any left. Guess all those years kneeling in snow and cold concrete and jumping off the backs of trucks take its toll.

Cortisone= BAD JUJU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was perfectly healthy other that having fusion L5-S1. Dam QUACK injected me with 49 shot of Cortisone with 3 month. 39 injections in one sitting, 3 months later another 13 shots and a shot of vesilrel (sp?), some sort of booster. Well 2.5 years later, my hips had collapsed and teeth fell out. You want to know what did it......................Cortisone.

BEER30

I get one shot every 3-4 months, not 39 in one sitting. Man, talk about a pin cushion. No teeth either?? Glad I dont hafta kiss ya!!!

Im hoping when the weight finally comes off it will ease the pain. Still need to drop another 100 before any surgery will be done.