IGNORED

XMAS in Iraq

Black Owl

For those that were with us last year, you may recall that we sent packages to our members and members family members who were in harms way last year.

Was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing the same thing this year.

I thing we expanded it a bit last year and sent packages to friends and neighbours who were over there.

This year I would suggest keeping it to our members and the members family members.

Would also suggest that if anyone wants to make a donation to this effort, that we keep the donations to 10-15$.

Anyway....... Just thought I would run this up the flag pole to see how many would salute it.

Russell,

I'm sure that we would give, but I'm not sure I want to spend a month or so in the cold garage this year. Lets see who else is intrested, and go from there!:)

You guys did your part last year........ But, if you want to volunteer again this year........ well :stirthepot:.

Serously though, if there is enough interest, I'll take care of it this year....

So far it looks like we only have 3 or 4 folks over there.

Last year Brad and I took the donations, then we went shopping at Sam's Club where we could get a lot more for the money. I got big boxes from the grocery stores, and then started seperating what we bought into 6 packages. But then we got more names, so it changed to 10 names. Finally everything was done!

Send them out from the Post Office....If they are going to a APO (I think thats thats it - I'm having a brain fart) the cost to ship is the least expensive.

If you have any questions on how to do it call me on my cell in the VR list. I will help out any way I can.

1st thing I did was go to every pet store in the county and bought all the flea collars (dog collars are cheaper than cat collars). :080402gudl_prv:

Black Owl,I am the president of Rolling Thunder, IN. Chapter 7, we send care packages to the troops quite often. Have enough items to fill many packages. If you could send me some names and addresses, we would be very happy to send the packages. As I said we have plenty of items to send but need some addresses. Just an idea.

Chuckles

Black Owl,I am the president of Rolling Thunder, IN. Chapter 7, we send care packages to the troops quite often. Have enough items to fill many packages. If you could send me some names and addresses, we would be very happy to send the packages. As I said we have plenty of items to send but need some addresses. Just an idea.

Chuckles

Okay.... being an old fart I'm entitled to get confused.

Are you volunteering to handle this for us? Do you want to send the packages from Rolling Thunder instead of the VentureRiders? Or, do you just want names to send additional packages?

:15_8_211[1]:

Just needed some more names at this time. We have two National Guard units from our area that are leaving in the near future. Will be approximatly 450 people at that time. But with the holidays coming up thought if I could get a few names maybe we could send out some packages at this time. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, just thought maybe we could help in getting some packages for the holidays. Not wanting to steal the thunder but just help in some way.

Chuckles

For anyone wishing to make a donation towards sending thank you packages to our members and/or family members serving in the Middle East.....

If you are using PayPal the address is

CFAS@Juno.com

If you plan on sending your donation by mail

the address is

Russell Hicks

185 Redwood Drive

Apple Valley, MN 55124

Thanks much folks.

• 3 weeks later...

The people in this club have the biggest hearts I have ever seen!! They give more than anyone their share for sure!! It definately is going to those who really will be alone for Christmas, and who give their ALL FOR US!

:bighug: BIG HUGS FOR OUR MEN AND WOMEN IN THE ARMED FORCES AT CHRISTMAS TIME!! And Thank You Russell for taking this on for them!!!