IGNORED

Headlight Chrome Piece "HELP"

:Im not listening toI am somewhat embarrassed to ask this question but I have all you members out there that could help me with this problem. I bought the Yamaha Light covers for the running lights and the headlight. I installed the running lights with no problem. I took the bolt off of the headlight thinking that the chrome ring would come off but its refusing to come off the cowling. My question is, do I have to remove the complete front cowling to get the chrome cover off so as I can lock the visor in place?? I have a maintenance manual and it does not cover anything about removing the front chrome covering on the headlight. My owners manual also does not cover this area. Thanks in advance. :bawling: Dan

No problem. It's certainly not obvious. Yes, you DO have to split the fairing to install it. It's been a long time since I installed mine but I don't think you even remove the chrome piece once it is split. After you remove the front of the fairing, you will them remove the chrome ring around the actual headlight and the visor fits under it. The chrome piece on front of the fairing is not removed nor affected.

Well, I got my answer and wanted to thank everyone for there help. I will be pulling the cowling off tomorrow to get at the light ring to secure the new visor cover. thanks again. Dan:guitarist 2:

If you search around, you'll find writeups of how to remove the outer fairing shell. The trickiest part is removing/reinstalling the chrome windshield trim piece...gotta be careful of those tabs.

Also, I found that when reinstalling the fairing shell, make sure it is lined up properly and fits snug around the edge before tightening the screws from the back side.

If you search around, you'll find writeups of how to remove the outer fairing shell. The trickiest part is removing/reinstalling the chrome windshield trim piece...gotta be careful of those tabs.

Also, I found that when reinstalling the fairing shell, make sure it is lined up properly and fits snug around the edge before tightening the screws from the back side.

Also a dab of petroleum jelly on the oval shaped rubber grommets helps too.

Also a dab of petroleum jelly on the oval shaped rubber grommets helps too.

I've heard reference to these before but for the life of me, I can't picture where these rubber grommets are in reference to splitting the fairing.

I've split my fairing numerous times and I just don't recall seeing what ya'll are talking about.

???????????

I've heard reference to these before but for the life of me, I can't picture where these rubber grommets are in reference to splitting the fairing.

I've split my fairing numerous times and I just don't recall seeing what ya'll are talking about.

???????????

Below the headlight. There are two "pins" on the fairing that push into the grommets.

Below the headlight. There are two "pins" on the fairing that push into the grommets.

Thanks... I'll look for that next time I split it (sometime over the next few weeks). Never noticed them before ... dang... ya lern sumpin new every day eh!