IGNORED

WAY--WAY off topic

Bubber

I found a trailer and made an offer on it! :missingtooth:

It is a 1966 AVION H25. It needs some work but the major stuff has already been done.

I am going Saturday to seal the deal and take another look at it and pick the brains of the PO.

The wife is on board with it and after I got up off the floor I was elated. :yikes: Wonders never cease! :missingtooth:

Yippy Ki-O-Ki-A !

Bubber

Sounds good BUT........

That's great. The Avion is a great little trailer.

If yah seal the deal, want me to bring over my Gorilla bar and a BFH to help you work on it?

I had to think about the BFH........ then it hit me, NO!!!!!!!!!

To suttle?????

Found your camper Bubber. Man that is one big cool camper.

You gonna park that thing at a campground somewhere or drag it around the country?

But how about that kyak?

Steve

H25 is only 21 foot long (camper) and 25 foot total.

Cody Wy here I come. :dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

He still has the kyak and evidently it was home made and about 90% complete, he didn't say what was left to do.

Do you want me to offer him $10.00 for it ?LOL

Bubber

Edited by Bubber
added comment at end

Well I dragged it home today in the snow and the slush.

It needs some repairs so now I have to plan just it is that I want to do.

I was going to get it function-able and use it for a year before I really made the big make over.

I also found a weight distribution hitch on sale that I bought for 1/2 price because the guy didn't need it anymore.

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

Edited by Bubber
cause I can ...so there

What? No pictures of the interior.

How we gonna be able to share our vast knowledge of how to rig the back of the unit to be able to get your scoot inside for hauling? :rotfl:

How about if I cut the back section off and have a fold down ramp so I can drive the RSV up in side? Ya I am liking that.

:missingtooth::missingtooth::missingtooth:

And oh ya the weight distribution hitch don't fit real good on the RSV, I have have to do a little modification or two. :crying::crying:

Pictures of the interior coming. It needs some work.

Hey I know someone that has an extra swingarm. LOL

Mirrors would have to stick out 3 feet on each side to see around that puppy.

It may fit a Boss Hoss trike but doubtful if it will pull real good with the RSV.

I better get some of these projects going so that I am done by Spring. :missingtooth:

Bubber

How long will it take to "buff" that to a mirror shine

The Avion in that time frame used anodized aluminum and it is hard to difficullt to polish it to a mirror finish, besides I heard that it cost about 5 grand to get them polished. :crying:

I am pretty sure that is way out of comfort zone, and my wifes!!!!! :crying:

I have seen Airstreams polished and they look great but I wonder what it takes to get them that way and what it takes to maintain it over time.

I'll bet that it is extremely labor intensive to maintain. :sign yeah that:

Bubber

INTERIOR OF AVION

http://gallery.me.com/rlrueter/100043/DSC04064.jpg?derivative=medium&source=web.jpg&type=medium&ver=12861185180001

http://gallery.me.com/rlrueter/100043/DSC04066.jpg?derivative=medium&source=web.jpg&type=medium&ver=12861184950001

OUCH!

That's a bummer there Bubber.

What happened to make your camper tip over on its side?

Ya Hay, what a bummer, now you'll havta polish the frame rails too.:stickpoke: :rotfl::rotfl:

For what it's worth, my dad used to get his aluminum flat bed semi trailer acid washed a couple times a year at a truck stop. It sure shined when he got it done.

I don't know if that would get the anodizing off and shine it the easy way or not. I also don't know what it might do to windows and such. But it might be worth checking into.

Have fun with it, Scooter Bob