IGNORED

Front Brake Master Cylinder

Reference item two (in red) in the attached pic.

Currently, on my 08 RSV, the "plunger" is kind of sticky...when I depress the brake lever, I can actually feel a kind of click as the actuator acuates.

In fact, I've adjusted the lever as much as possible, but I've bottomed out on the screw/locknut combination, and still have a lot of play. It's almost as if the plunger isn;t retraction all of the way (out away from the master cylinder).

A couple of questions:

1) Can these parts (item 2) be cleaned?

2) Is this repair considered a warranty repair?

3) If this isn;t a warranty item, is this easy to replace?

Thanks for your inputs!

Mine has been sticky every since I've owned it. I use the front brake a lot and about every time I have to stop so things get a little hairy at times and makes be look like a dork. ((no comments from the peanut gallery))

My bike is not under warranty so I would be interested in the fix so I could fix mine. May take it apart this winter sometime to see what's going on.

BOO

Just a little side note here. Last summer I had some issues with the rear brake. I took it apart to see what was happening, turned out the housing was pitted so I had to replace the whole master cylinder. It wasn't sticking it was leaking.

BOO

Another note that has nothing to do with this thread. I have the Temperature in my signature and at this moment it says it's 19 deg F when it's actually 8 deg F....

I know I know, more information then you really needed........

BOO

All;

Thanks for the data/details!

I took the lever apart and cleaned it up...so it moves really smooth!

It looks like the plunger isn't moving outward completely.

I have some speedbleeders ready to go on...guess I'll completely flush to brake reservoir and see where that takes me....:fingers-crossed-emo

I have the Temperature in my signature and at this moment it says it's 19 deg F when it's actually 8 deg F....

BOO

Here's a different perspective.....it's probably 15 degrees WARMER in your freezer than it is outside your house!

It's a balmy 78.3 degrees here....rode to work this morning WITHOUT gloves! LOL!

Here's a different perspective.....it's probably 15 degrees WARMER in your freezer than it is outside your house!

It's a balmy 78.3 degrees here....rode to work this morning WITHOUT gloves! LOL!

How can you possibly talk about 78 degs and riding when I'm talking about 8 degs.

Now that just plain sucks.:crying::Im not listening to:rasberry:

We'll be heading down that way in a week or two. We stay in the Fort Myers area but I expect to be in Melbourne for a couple of days visiting friends sometime February.

No bike though so that also sucks.

Enjoy the winter if 78 degs is winter,

BOO