IGNORED

Cracked CB antenna

Guest BluesLover

Guest BluesLover

Yesterday, while riding on I75, with me in the lead, John pulls up beside me and tells me that something came off my bike.

We pull over, and sure enough, the CB antenna is now half an antenna - it split right in half! Lucky thing it didn't hit John on his bike.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, were you covered by the warranty? I haven't put any extra stress on the antenna - no flags, etc., but I can imagine that Yamaha Canada ain't going to believe that story.

Cheers,

Yesterday, while riding on I75, with me in the lead, John pulls up beside me and tells me that something came off my bike.

We pull over, and sure enough, the CB antenna is now half an antenna - it split right in half! Lucky thing it didn't hit John on his bike.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, were you covered by the warranty? I haven't put any extra stress on the antenna - no flags, etc., but I can imagine that Yamaha Canada ain't going to believe that story.

Cheers,

Yes, happened to me to and several others. Mine cracked in the black part. It was covered by warranty here in USA. I got the new one from Yamaha under warranty, sold it and installed the shrter fiberglass type antennas as detailed in the Marshall Mod. I like the looks better and I think they will be much more durable.

Jay

Mine broke (black plastic connector) and my son milled one at the tool/die shop he works at that is exactly like the oem. I didn't warranty it because I didn't think about it at the time and already had the solution. That is an option if you can't do better. I think I might have an extra one I'll give you if you run out of options. They are easy to break I understand.

Mine broke (black plastic connector) and my son milled one at the tool/die shop he works at that is exactly like the oem. I didn't warranty it because I didn't think about it at the time and already had the solution. That is an option if you can't do better. I think I might have an extra one I'll give you if you run out of options. They are easy to break I understand.

There is load coil inside black plastic. Don't use CB without Load Coil you can damage CB. Plastic is made in purpose to isolate post of RX/TX Antenna

Guest BluesLover

Thanks for the quick replies folks.

I'll take it to the stealer once I get back home and see what kind of run-around I get.

I've been meaning to change out the aerials anyway, so this now gives me the right excuse.

BTW, mine broke right at the "black part" too ... all I have left is the last 1/2 inch of the black part.

Cheers,

Mine also broke. No problem getting one under warranty, going through the stealer, just took a while to get it. When I contacted Yamaha Canada, to ask if they could hurry it up, due to a trip I was taking, they told me that it was not covered under warranty, and told me to go to a "truck centre" and buy another one, I told him to go *#@$ himself. I did eventually get a new one, under warranty.

Keith.