IGNORED

I must confess. I dropped my RSV, HARD.

Guest KitCarson
I agree with the posts about using the front brake. I am usually a "front brake" terror. I very seldom use the rear brake.

I have learned that when I am in the wiggles that using a small amout of rear break and keeping the RPMs up helps with the cornering. But I am usually doing this while riding more agressively than I was the day of the wreck. I think I have learned a valuable lesson. Save the rear brake for the Dragon and keep on pounding the front.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

I think everyone is just glad you are okay.......let us know if we can help you.......do you need new stock exhaust? I have 4-2-4 pipes ordered......they may get here about ten years from now.......but if you need stock exhaust.....you are welcome to them.

Kit

After thinking about it a bit, I guess Yamaha does know the problem exists, and they actually did something about it with the 1stGens linked proportional braking system. I wonder why they abandoned it on the 2ndGens?? Probably the only way around it totally would be an all ABS braking system....
Condor, I thought that was the best braking system, and myself; would like to know why they got rid of it when they brought out the second gen. :confused24::whistling:

I never locked up my brakes on the 83, the paportioning valve was the best thing ever, especially in the twisties. The only time I used the hand brake for the other front disk, is when I know I had to bring the bike to a stop fast. When I first bought the 2nd gen, I almost lost control when I applied the front brake a little too hard and it locked up. The same thing happen when I hit the rear brake by itself, it locked up, and I started slideing sideways. So I had to train myself all over again with this change on the 2nd gen. :whistling:

Kit.

I may want some new mufflers. I have scraped mine up pretty bad since I lowered the rear end. I am gonna take the lowering kit off when I start repairing the bike. However I do want to look for a pair of Tour Deluxe mufflers so I can use the slash tips. I think these look much better than the stock Venture pipes. If the others are hard to find I will give you a holler.

Thanks