IGNORED

paradise, michigan: upper pen.

kyle

anyone ever ride or stay in paradise, mich?? were heading up there in summer of 2011 for a week and that looked like a cool place. It would be nice to have a heads up of what to see and what to avoid. thanx in advance.

We stayed up there once, about 12 years ago. We had a pop up camper and stayed in a state forest campground which was outstanding.

Tahquamenon falls is a must see while you're there.

Dray is threatening to put together a ride from Hell to Paradise in 2011. Might want to keep an eye open and see if it overlaps your plans.

Lonna and I were married up at Tahquamenon Falls in '97 and stayed in Paradise. The Great Lakes Shipwreck museum at Whitefish point is a cool place to see. They have the Edmund Fitzgerald's bell in it. I agree with Carl, the falls are a must see and you have to eat at the brewery near the upper falls if memory serves me right.

Another thing too is go and see the Soo Locks in Sault Ste. Marie, thats another cool thing to witness.

Rode up there twice last year. ENSURE to get WHITEFISH, Fried, Baked, Broiled, Boiled, even Smoked or Pickled if you can YUMMY. Yes T-Falls is a MUST SEE and yep Brewery at Upper Falls too. West about 30 miles is Grand Meria (spelling?) on the South Shoreline of Lake Superior has nice Campground, Brewery, Bar & Reasturant and get some MORE WHITEFISH :) If your really serious about good roads like the tunnel of Trees and Leggs Inn send me a PM with your cell # I can really hook you up from Indiana Boarder to Paradise my home turf.

ENJOY

We stayed up there once, about 12 years ago. We had a pop up camper and stayed in a state forest campground which was outstanding.

Tahquamenon falls is a must see while you're there.

Dray is threatening to put together a ride from Hell to Paradise in 2011. Might want to keep an eye open and see if it overlaps your plans.

yes we are going to do this im working on it a bit now from Hell to Paradise with stops inbetween!

Dray

Rode up there twice last year. ENSURE to get WHITEFISH, Fried, Baked, Broiled, Boiled, even Smoked or Pickled if you can YUMMY. Yes T-Falls is a MUST SEE and yep Brewery at Upper Falls too. West about 30 miles is Grand Meria (spelling?) on the South Shoreline of Lake Superior has nice Campground, Brewery, Bar & Reasturant and get some MORE WHITEFISH :) If your really serious about good roads like the tunnel of Trees and Leggs Inn send me a PM with your cell # I can really hook you up from Indiana Boarder to Paradise my home turf.

ENJOY

Tunnel of trees is a nice ride, I think it's M-22. Try to ride it during the week, it gets crowded on weekends, same with Leggs Inn. Pictured Rocks National shoreline is nice, you need to take the boat ride to see it. Mackinac Island is another good day trip. Take the ferry over and enjoy a day with no vehicles. There are bikes, buggies and horses, but, NO gas powered transportation.

Tunnel of trees is a nice ride, I think it's M-22.

If you do that I recommend you hit Traverse City and ride up the Keweenaw Peninsula. The views through the wine country are outstanding.

If you need a place to stay I highly recommend the Kingsley Motel which is a few miles South of Traverse City so it's about half the price you'd pay on the lake shore. You won't find a cleaner place.

If you do decide to go to the Kingsley Motel beware that the mapping systems do not understand their correct location, including the Google map linked on their site. (we had trouble with this!) Use 4946 Garfield Rd. instead. Their location is immediately North of that address.

WE HAVE NEW INLAWS THAT LIVE IN ZEELAND MI SO WE ARE HEADING THAT WAY THIS SUMMER ALSO. FOR A SHORT VISIT, THEN TO THE U.P. FOR A FEW DAYS I WILL ALSO HAVE LOTS OF QUESTIONS WHEN IT GETS CLOSER. WOULD LIKE TO MAYBE MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS UP NORTH.THE ONLY PEOPLE I HAVE MET FROM MI. NOW LIVE IN TX.:Venture:

WE HAVE NEW INLAWS THAT LIVE IN ZEELAND MI SO WE ARE HEADING THAT WAY THIS SUMMER ALSO. FOR A SHORT VISIT, THEN TO THE U.P. FOR A FEW DAYS I WILL ALSO HAVE LOTS OF QUESTIONS WHEN IT GETS CLOSER. WOULD LIKE TO MAYBE MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS UP NORTH.THE ONLY PEOPLE I HAVE MET FROM MI. NOW LIVE IN TX.:Venture:

Sounds like the makings of a Meet and eat on the sunset side :twing:

Dray