IGNORED

Canadian Plot Against the US Army

Gray Ghost

Well, from one Cliff to another you have to know that this is a huge violation of Canadian security. Now you are all going to know that Timmy's is one of Canada's best kept secrets. Fort knox should be honoured that we chose it to share a franchise of one of the best coffee and doughnut shops on earth with them. Maybe they got the idea from our shop in Kandahar in Afghanistan and fell in lust with it! Fort knox will be glad that they found the secret.

:97:

Me thinks Canadians are getting wise to Timmies,,,, they changed their coffee to something like dishwater,,,, maybe that's why it sells in the States now,,, Canadians like their coffee a little stronger mostly and Americans like it a little weaker me thinks.

Actually about 6-7 years ago, Timmes did change their recipe and I haven't been able to drink it since,,, always get heartburn when I do,,,,, can you tell I'm a little ticked???? It happens so often,,, and new place of eating opens and the food is awesome, go back 6 months or a year later,,, and it's gone down the tubes. Thank goodness there are still places that will and can serve what they are known for.

Me thinks Canadians are getting wise to Timmies,,,, they changed their coffee to something like dishwater,,,, maybe that's why it sells in the States now,,, Canadians like their coffee a little stronger mostly and Americans like it a little weaker me thinks.

Actually about 6-7 years ago, Timmes did change their recipe and I haven't been able to drink it since,,, always get heartburn when I do,,,,, can you tell I'm a little ticked???? It happens so often,,, and new place of eating opens and the food is awesome, go back 6 months or a year later,,, and it's gone down the tubes. Thank goodness there are still places that will and can serve what they are known for.

I beleve there coffe went down hill right after Wendys took it over.(isn't Wendy's American) That would explain it me thinks. Dishwater huh wonder if I could get a contract to pipe it direct from my dish washer to Timmies and get a fixed rate by the barrel:rotfl::rotfl:

I beleve there coffe went down hill right after Wendys took it over.

Probably ruined by the same clowns that ruined Wendy's after Dave Thomas (Wendy's founder) died.

:soapbox:

It happens all the time. Somebody starts a great business and it grows like gangbusters. Ends up being a public company. Then the founder(s) die or retire and some clown with a pile of degrees, no real world experience and a spreadsheet runs it into the ground because the spreadsheet says he can make :2cents: more by squeezing the employees, going to cheaper vendors etc.

He doesn't care though because by the time the customers catch on his options will have vested and he'll be long gone.

End :soapbox:

Probably ruined by the same clowns that ruined Wendy's after Dave Thomas (Wendy's founder) died.

:soapbox:

It happens all the time. Somebody starts a great business and it grows like gangbusters. Ends up being a public company. Then the founder(s) die or retire and some clown with a pile of degrees, no real world experience and a spreadsheet runs it into the ground because the spreadsheet says he can make :2cents: more by squeezing the employees, going to cheaper vendors etc.

He doesn't care though because by the time the customers catch on his options will have vested and he'll be long gone.

End :soapbox:

Yep, the kind of the long and short of it. Going to take a while though, there is very little competition left and folks are totally brain washed.

Timmies closed a whole bunch of stores in New England areas, and I bet it's not that folks there don't drink 'coffee', they are probably just more used to the real stuff.

I completely lost all respect for Tim Hortons a couple of years ago when they tried to sue professional BASS angler Tim Horton to keep him from using his own name. They said because he was a professional in his sport he was infringing on their copyright by using his own name. Probably brought on by the same guy that changed their coffee.

I completely lost all respect for Tim Hortons a couple of years ago when they tried to sue professional BASS angler Tim Horton to keep him from using his own name. They said because he was a professional in his sport he was infringing on their copyright by using his own name. Probably brought on by the same guy that changed their coffee.

These "mega corporations" are getting just a bit too ridiculous. Last winter when the Olympics were here, they tried to ban numerous establishments from using anything that had to do with "Olympic" or anything even remotely associated, even when those places have been using it for years and years... a very common one is "Olympic Pizza" ... been around forever yet when the olympics come here, they think can just "take over" and either make those places stop using the name or pay the olympics big bucks.

Me thinks Canadians are getting wise to Timmies,,,, .

I'm not so sure about that!

I just shake my head when I see people lined up in their cars for 15 min. to get their daily double double...usually because they are just too lazy to get out of their car and walk into the store!

Not only that...but think of the economics of it!

I don't know the actual price....I'm 45 min away from the nearest Tims so I don't go very often at all.

...but lets say a coffee and donut is $1.75

if you go every day that is $1.75 x 5 = $8.75 per week.

$8.75 x 50 weeks a year= $437.50 per year.

Thats for one person, once a day.

I know some folks who head to Tim's 2 or 3 times a day!

And if husband and wife both go 5 times a week....that could be a week's holiday somewhere gone!