IGNORED

Fuel Mileage on new Wing

Guest my14car

Guest my14car

my 2010 Wings fuel mileage seems to be all over the place from 35 to 40 miles per gallon. I got 1600 miles on the bike using premium gasoline 92 octane BP or 89 oct from Sunoco. Seem to get better mileage from the 89. I know its how and were you ride but with my RSTD i got 44 miles per gallon on mid-grade gas always put in 2 oz s of marvel mystery oil. I know there will be a difference from a 4 to 6 cylinder but always averaged 44 mpg.

How many miles will it take for my Goldwing to break-in and get a good average and what are other Goldwings getting. When i ride highway its 65 to 70 mph and 45 to 50 on our main roads down here in florida. Will be switching to synthetic oil on the next change and have factory Dunlop's tires.

Running 65-70 I get42-44mpg. However I have gotten as low as 17 pulling my trailer in West Texas. But so did the RSV behind me. 42 mpg is not hard to get unless you are fighting a lot of winds. One more thing when I go thru towns I am not downshifting even if I drop to 25 so that may make a difference. If you got 44mpg on the RSTD you did better than 99.5% of folks on here. My RSV was around 38 mpg at 70 mph TOPS.

Guest my14car

Hi Tom 42 to to 44 is very nice thats what i am hoping for the winds have been steady here for a while. I have been down shifting at lower speeds. Thanks for the reply. Got 44 with RSTD every time and think the Marvel mystery Oil helped it great for Carb bikes.

my 2010 Wings fuel mileage seems to be all over the place from 35 to 40 miles per gallon. I got 1600 miles on the bike using premium gasoline 92 octane BP or 89 oct from Sunoco. Seem to get better mileage from the 89. I know its how and were you ride but with my RSTD i got 44 miles per gallon on mid-grade gas always put in 2 oz s of marvel mystery oil. I know there will be a difference from a 4 to 6 cylinder but always averaged 44 mpg.

How many miles will it take for my Goldwing to break-in and get a good average and what are other Goldwings getting. When i ride highway its 65 to 70 mph and 45 to 50 on our main roads down here in florida. Will be switching to synthetic oil on the next change and have factory Dunlop's tires.

If you read your owner's manual, it will tell you that your engine will run fine on regular unleaded with a pump octane of 86 or higher. Notice the "regular unleaded" part. These engines are designed to not need premium or mid-grade. Yes, you can use it if you feel a need to pump more money toward the oil companies, but it won't give any better mileage or performance.

The mileage I get depends greatly on how and where I ride. Last July in the Rockies in Colorado, an entire tank at high elevation and lower speeds (wonderful curvy roads) yielded a bit over 47 mpg after correcting for odometer error. That's the best I've ever seen. Freeway speeds will get me 38-40 depending on load and winds. Gentle highway riding at 55-60 will get me 40-41.

All of the 1800's seem to be different. A friend of mine runs 45-50 on his consistently. Of course, his right wrist doesn't get as much exercise as mine does either. ;)

Joe

Mine since new has ran between 38.2 and 43.8. My best on the RSV was upper 30's. With that said, the temtation (for me at least) is to get "on it" more with the Wing, and that does NOT help economy.....Just sayin" An awful lot is gonna depend on how far ya twist that right grip:178:

Guest my14car

Thanks to all, feel better about my gas mileage ran 150 miles today. On my fill up i got 39 mpg at 70 mph average. will start using the reg unleaded gasoline why waste the money.

Thanks Again

Ride Safe

Guest my14car

Got 2000 miles on the bike getting about 40mpg. Found myself riding like i use to on my RSTD always down shifting a lot not hitting 5th until about 60 or 65 mph. With the wing there is so much more power no need to down shift. What a great ride. I dont ride for mileage just with the bike being brand new, wanted to compare with others.

Thanks for all the info