IGNORED

Giving fellow bikers a bad name

Stoutman

Guest KitCarson
OK, I know it was not anybody here, but I read this news story about biker gangs attacking motorists and had to share.

I wonder if there is anything else to this story that is not being reported?

Did you notice what the police Captains name is........? I was born originally in Missouri....lived in Kansas City some also......I do not know the full story about this.......but I can tell you East St. Louis has a lot of gangs and drugs. Some of these gangs ride motorcycles. You can find groups of them on some streets and outside some businesses. They for the most part ride sport bikes. As I have said......I was not there.......but have been.....some of the druggies.....gangs.....like motorcycles.......and do conduct this type of activity on a regular basis. Kit

The solution to this problem is simple. Take your 4,000 pound car and run over the 400 pound bike. If the driver of the bike is hurt, then shame on him. He should not have been misbehaving. There wouldn't have to be many bikers strown on the road before the rest of the punks get the idea.

I'm sorry if I offened anyone with this statement. But it really makes me irate when "bikers" pull these kind of stunts and give the rest of the law abiding riders a bad name.

There could well be a second side to this story. I did not own a bike at the time, so I was not biased in my observation toward motorcycles. I was driving up I285 on the West side of Atlanta. There was a group of bikes in the lane to my right, the second lane in. They were in staggered formation minding their own business and not harrassing anyone. A woman in the first lane let some of them get by and then pulled right into the middle of their group, nearly hitting a couple of them. While none of them that I could see kicked or threw anything, I would not have blamed them if they had.

That area in St Louis is very congested and my first impression after reading the news article was to wonder what the car did to set the bikers off. Maybe there wasn't anything but we have only heard one side so far.

There could well be a second side to this story. I did not own a bike at the time, so I was not biased in my observation toward motorcycles. I was driving up I285 on the West side of Atlanta. There was a group of bikes in the lane to my right, the second lane in. They were in staggered formation minding their own business and not harrassing anyone. A woman in the first lane let some of them get by and then pulled right into the middle of their group, nearly hitting a couple of them. While none of them that I could see kicked or threw anything, I would not have blamed them if they had.

That area in St Louis is very congested and my first impression after reading the news article was to wonder what the car did to set the bikers off. Maybe there wasn't anything but we have only heard one side so far.

My thoughts as well.

I have no sympathy for the "bikers" in that situation. They are "stuntaz" who want the entire damn road for themselves. They'll block all lanes on traffic and "show-off".

If was me, I'd have some neon green and dayglow yellow streaks on my vehicle after I was done.

My thoughts as well.

My Thoughts also, it seems i can hear someone yelling "I didn't do anything, i wasn't even there .... "

Not that i am biased, but i learned in my Life, there is always a other Side. You might not see it, and it may never ever would come to you, but when told about it, you can understand what has happened.

Of Course, understanding is one Thing, considering it appropriate Action an other.

2 Punk Bicycle Kids about 13-14 years old headed toward me today on a busy residential street. They were weaving and moving around another moving vehicle. When they saw me they thought they would take me on Head on. Finally one of them broke off and the other played Head on Chicken. When we passed each other going opposite direction he was probably three feet away... OOOOOOH if my right leg was only longer.

Damn Punks!

Bill you and Allan been out harassing the motorist again?

Hey, Really, I wasn't there! I don't know what to believe of this story. The 1%ers usually don't bother the citizens here. The stunt riders do however tend to get on our nerves.

St. Louis has some of the most inattentive drivers I have ever seen. It seems I get to play chicken with the cages every day I'm up on 2. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the cage was doing something stupid (and probably doesn't even know it) That said, there is no excuse for the bikers actions. Another local story reported the cage as having bricks thrown at them. How may sport bike riders carry bricks with them?

How many cagers do we irritate when we ride in a group of 8-10 much less 50? There is much more to this story that hasn't come out I'm guessing.

Ride safe!

Bill you and Allan been out harassing the motorist again?

Jerry

we have a stunt organization here in st. louis that makes stunt videos on the street and sells them.it is getting bigger all the time.like any group around your going to have some bad seeds. alot of these kids nowadays have never been taught to respect the law whatsoever.i am on a couple of websites for crotch rockets.and it is unbelievable how some of the teens talk with foul language and brag about breaking the law and out running cops.i figure they are no threat to my reputation as a biker,but what will they grow up to be.where are there parents.there are alot of good intelligent people on these websites.it's not the bike that makes the person,it's their up bringing.before everyone starts bashing crotch rockets,figure it this way the bike can do no wrong with out an idiot riding it.same goes for some cruiser riders i have seen,and touring riders two. the rider makes the reputation of the bike.bill :2133:

2 Punk Bicycle Kids about 13-14 years old headed toward me today on a busy residential street. They were weaving and moving around another moving vehicle. When they saw me they thought they would take me on Head on....

This happened to me when I was younger and rode my dirt bike everywhere. Had two kids decide to play chicken with me on a neighborhood street where my girlfriend lived. I slowed down and came to a complete stop. One of the little idiots ran right into me and fell over. His mom came unglued and started screaming at me and running toward me. Her neighbor also witnessed the scene and called the cops. Turned out these two punks had the run of the neighborhood with Mom enableing her little darlings. I didn't do it, but was tempted to come back with my 1941 one ton Chevy pickup and turn those kids into a grease spot. Bill is right. It aint the bike, its the upbringing of the person hanging onto the handlebars.

OK, I know it was not anybody here, but I read this news story about biker gangs attacking motorists and had to share.

I wonder if there is anything else to this story that is not being reported?

Yesterday in Finland a kid shot up a school and killed 9 and himself. Meanwhile millions of other students/teenagers didn't.

If you are of a mindset to lump all who participate or fit a profile together, you always will. The thoughtful and kind do not make the news. The idiot portion of a community always do. That's what sells papers and advertising space.

What is that old adage? 10% give the other 90% a bad name?