IGNORED

Place to leave Pickup

Rick Haywood

OK Maybe I am asking to much but my wife and I are planning a trip to Florida towards the end of January. We are going to haul our bike down in the pickup until it gets warm enough to ride and I was wondering if any of you in the Georgia/N Florida area might live someplace with room to park my old pickup in your field or something for a week while we ride around Florida. Anyway just a thought.

Rick

Hi Rick, this is something for anyone that is going to be riding the Florida Turnpike. Came back from Key West on sunday, had a great ride and was even able to meet up with Brake-Pad is Islamorada for lunch and had a great ride to Florida City with him and his wife, then had to go my own way. This is were it got interesting. My wife was ready to get home, still had almost 200 hundred miles to home, so we took the Turnpike, well, normally we have our Sunpass, but I forgot it at home, so we had to stop and pay at each toll booth, and it got really scary, every time we stopped I had to watch my footing because it was extremely slippery from the oil that apparently accumulates in front of the toll booth. I found this at all 4 toll booths that I had to stop at, in fact I got off the turnpike because of it, every time I put my foot down it wanted to slide out from the bike, and I really had to be on the ball. I see you are going to be down at the end of January, looks like I will be in Mexico, but things change, so when the time gets close, drop me a line, would love to meet you and the wife and go riding if I am around, and we will catch uop with Brake-Pad on the ride south.

Rick:

I'm in Lake City Florida (40 miles south of Ga.) on I-75...six acres..easy access 10 miles to I-75 and I-10...Have had the boys from Canada leave truck and trailer...stored some guns...Drop a line....I'm sort of house bound with a medical problem so I'll be home....Might take a day to answer, your call....Ride safe...

Hey Capt-D,

I know what you mean about the oil. I rode my bike to work last week and was going to the bank to make a deposit. I pulled into the drive thru lane and put my foot down and my foot slipped and my bike was going down. I thought, how embarrassing to drop my bike here, plus I probably couldn't pick it up by myself. Right before my bike got to the point of no return I managed to get it back up. I won't do that again.