IGNORED

Shout out to Lumberton Yamaha dealer

mini-muffin

On our way down to George and Bobbie's friday traveling down 95 Riderduke got a flat. We were at mile post 36 literally right at the marker. So he calls his insurance co progressive to get a tow truck Jeff called to find a dealer close by and find out what time they closed. Tow truck says it'll be there at 5:45 dealer closes at 5:30. Jeff and I rode to the dealer which was off exit 22 and about 1 1/2 miles down the street. Figured we could get the tire and worse case we'd already called Steve and he said he could get a trailer to get the bike. So We get to the dealer buy the tire and call David tow truck is suppose to be there shortly. Jeff leaves me at the dealer and heads back to help get the bike on the flat bed. This was 5 the tow truck didn't get there when they said and the bike finally got to the dealer about 7. By that time I was locked up inside the dealership still waiting. The guys were great and the mechanic got the tire changed and we were on our way. Oh and for future reference if ya break down here in NC don't let them call Brownies tow truck service.

Since we hear so many terrible things about dealers thought it would be nice to let you know about a good one. We always have had great dealings with our local shop, nice to know we have two good dealers in the state.

Margaret

That sounds great. I've pretty much had good luck while traveling and most places are very helpful.

The other side is I've sit along the road for two hours and when the tow company got there they had a hook and not a flat bed. Duh....

Sounds like a good dealer you ran into.

BOO

Lumberton Yamaha: great customer service and parts knowledge. The manager there always says he wished Yamaha still made the first gen when ever I've been in there! Gotta like the place.

Thanks MINI. I was going to post something but my Internet has been down all week. VERIZON bites! Lumberton Yamaha will always be a stop for me on my way south. They were great folks to deal with and their customer service was outstanding. they are off I-95 exit 22.

For those of you that have progressive insurance purchase the rode side assistance its worth the $7 a year.

Thanks MINI. I was going to post something but my Internet has been down all week. VERIZON bites! Lumberton Yamaha will always be a stop for me on my way south. They were great folks to deal with and their customer service was outstanding. they are off I-95 exit 22.

For those of you that have progressive insurance purchase the rode side assistance its worth the $7 a year.

If your an AMA member, you get free road side assistance :rasberry::stirthepot:

But very glad Lumberton Yamaha went the extra mile to get you back on the road.

Jeff leaves me at the dealer and heads back to help get the bike on the flat bed. This was 5 the tow truck didn't get there when they said and the bike finally got to the dealer about 7. By that time I was locked up inside the dealership still waiting. The guys were great and the mechanic got the tire changed and we were on our way.

Margaret

Looks like Mini, was possibly the deciding factor. After all, what was the dealer going to do with her...... :duck:

But very glad Lumberton Yamaha went the extra mile to get you back on the road.

They didn't want to keep Mini....... :mo money::stickpoke:

Lumberton Yamaha: great customer service and parts knowledge. The manager there always says he wished Yamaha still made the first gen when ever I've been in there! Gotta like the place.

I guess you can't put a price on good taste and intelligance! :innocent-emoticon:

Don

At the international m/c show in Feb 2010 in Greenville, SC I asked the factory Yamaha rep if he had any dealers he could recommend, only one he came back with was Lumberton Yamaha.

:97:

The one in Sumter, SC has always treated me right, even when I did not buy my first RSV from, but I did the second. Extreme Sports, Sumter, SC.

What makes you think it was tough on them to have me around? :no-no-no: Come on now explain yourselves. I can get to some of you, ya know. All I have to do is call the warden Dan and you can be in more trouble. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Ok ok..........

Muffin said they didn't have any new 1st gens or goldwings. :whistling:Or were you meaning riderduke? :think:

Margaret