IGNORED

Nice Day

Rick Haywood

Well what a great day in Central Illinois. 4th of November and it wa 62 degrees. Figured we don't get many of these so jump on The RSV and took a ride. Ended up riding 120 miles basically just around in a circle. Rode the country roads and just enjoyed the day. I really hate the thought of putting the bike away but it won't be long now. :thumbdown:

Temperature was +3c (37F) when I left the house for work this morning. Yesterday was -5c (23F). I'd say there is still lots of riding left.... but that is a Canadian opinion !

I ride with a Cordura jacket with liner, heavy leather chaps, work boots, Aqua gloves. With the full windscreen and fairing... even with -5c I was still nice and warm. For when it gets really cold I have lined snow mobile pants but haven't used them in years - hasn't been cold enough ! :-)

My riding season ends when they put salt on the roads for the first time. Season starts after a couple good heavy rain storms in the spring washes away the salt from the road.

Here is a simple conversion chart that I received a few years back.

The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

50* Fahrenheit (10* C) New Yorkers try to turn on the heat. Canadians plant gardens.

40* Fahrenheit (4.4*C) Californians shiver uncontrollably. Canadians sunbathe.

35* Fahrenheit (1.6*C) Italian cars won't start. Canadians drive with the windows down.

32* Fahrenheit (0* C) Distilled water freezes. Canadian water gets thicker.

0* Fahrenheit (-17.9*C) New York city landlords finally turn on the heat. Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-40* Fahrenheit (-40* C) Hollywood disintegrates. Canadians rent some videos.

-60* Fahrenheit (-51* C) Mt. St. Helens freezes. Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100* Fahrenheit (-73* C) Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173* Fahrenheit (-114*C) Ethyl Alcohol freezes. Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-460* Fahrenheit (-273*C) Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.

Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500* Fahrenheit (-295* C) Hell freezes over. The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

Temperature was +3c (37F) when I left the house for work this morning. Yesterday was -5c (23F). I'd say there is still lots of riding left.... but that is a Canadian opinion !

I ride with a Cordura jacket with liner, heavy leather chaps, work boots, Aqua gloves. With the full windscreen and fairing... even with -5c I was still nice and warm. For when it gets really cold I have lined snow mobile pants but haven't used them in years - hasn't been cold enough ! :-)

My riding season ends when they put salt on the roads for the first time. Season starts after a couple good heavy rain storms in the spring washes away the salt from the road.

Here is a simple conversion chart that I received a few years back.

The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

50* Fahrenheit (10* C) New Yorkers try to turn on the heat. Canadians plant gardens.

40* Fahrenheit (4.4*C) Californians shiver uncontrollably. Canadians sunbathe.

35* Fahrenheit (1.6*C) Italian cars won't start. Canadians drive with the windows down.

32* Fahrenheit (0* C) Distilled water freezes. Canadian water gets thicker.

0* Fahrenheit (-17.9*C) New York city landlords finally turn on the heat. Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-40* Fahrenheit (-40* C) Hollywood disintegrates. Canadians rent some videos.

-60* Fahrenheit (-51* C) Mt. St. Helens freezes. Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100* Fahrenheit (-73* C) Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173* Fahrenheit (-114*C) Ethyl Alcohol freezes. Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-460* Fahrenheit (-273*C) Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.

Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500* Fahrenheit (-295* C) Hell freezes over. The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

I don't put mine up until the snow starts.