IGNORED

great niece wants a motorcycle

oldgoat

well today i went to see her after school . because of the neighbor. i no longer see her here. well we went out to eat. then i had to run to ottawa IL and get a part for a freinds bike. while there the salesman was talking to her. just to keep her busy i guess?

while i was making my purchase he put her on a bike to get a feel for it??

she looked pretty darn cute on it. sorry i know the rules but didnt have cell phone or camera. i told her you will have to wait. for that. guess what type of bike it was???

yep it was a brand new goldwing LOL

shes 13 years old.. and that salesman never even asked me to get on it LOL

well at least shes got a dream...........

At 13 a little young to get a bike but maybe in 10 years she could go for a Venture instead of a Gold Wing. Heck... if she looks at any model from 99 on now, she'll know what it will look like in 10 years ! Will probably STILL have the cassette deck !!

Only kidding ! Nice that the salesman wasn't pushy with you when she showed interest. Think something like 40% of new riders are female so hope she keeps up the interest.

That's great! I have a picture of my teenage daughter and her boyfriend on a Goldwing trike we saw at the bike show. She said she wanted a picture on it and immediately swung over into the rider position, leaving him to climb on behind her before I snapped the picture. That is pretty much how that relationship runs anyway.

At 13 a little young to get a bike but maybe in 10 years she could go for a Venture instead of a Gold Wing. Heck... if she looks at any model from 99 on now, she'll know what it will look like in 10 years ! Will probably STILL have the cassette deck !!

Only kidding ! Nice that the salesman wasn't pushy with you when she showed interest. Think something like 40% of new riders are female so hope she keeps up the interest.

Too young? My girls both started on bikes well before 13. :12101: http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/etcswjoe/Bikes.jpg

Now would be the perfect time to get her an XR100 or TTR110 and teach her how to ride, of course she would need someone to ride with, which would give you an excuse to get an XR200 or TTR230 :thumbsup:

When my son was 12 I got him an XR100, and me a Husqvarna 125, at 15 got him a YZ80, and me a KTM 250.. now he is 22, does not have a bike right now (but is trying to save the money for one) but I believe he is a much better and safer driver in a car after years of dirt biking.

Now would be the perfect time to get her an XR100 or TTR110 and teach her how to ride, of course she would need someone to ride with, which would give you an excuse to get an XR200 or TTR230 that would be a great idea... right now she knows how to ride a quad a 70 cc. her cousin. that found that nice hodaka found a 1972 honda sl70. and he,s been trying to get her on it. her first try she stalled it. then popped the clutch, and fell to the side. last week she got to the end of the drive shut it off. pushed it around to face the way she came from. started it. and came back. looks like great uncle has to show her how to turn around. im a little worried about her she comes from a small family on her moms side. by small i mean her dad was 5 ft 5 her mom is 5 ft even. and shes 5ft now at age 13. but im going to do my best to have a ridding partner. when she turns 16. and can hit the streets...