IGNORED

Holy Ebay Rat Feather's

I don't think so but the pictures could be better. Looks like a reflection to me though.

Yeah, maybe it is a reflection, but I can't see it either way. It's just that they come off a wrecked bike. I guess that influences what I'm looking at.... :confused07: I'm so easily swayed..... :whistling: :rotf:

The covers are still available, around $450.00.the ones here are not broken.just a bad picture.theirs also a good chance there is K&N filters inside.I hope so, since I have high bid.This is nothing,you won't believe what a set of chrome frame covers went for a couple weeks ago,over $250.00,and no I didn't win that bid,but I did make the other guy pay big for them.There not available through retail anymore.

The covers are still available, around $450.00.the ones here are not broken.just a bad picture.theirs also a good chance there is K&N filters inside.I hope so, since I have high bid.This is nothing,you won't believe what a set of chrome frame covers went for a couple weeks ago,over $250.00,and no I didn't win that bid,but I did make the other guy pay big for them.There not available through retail anymore.

Yeah, I've seen them for that price. Crazy... If you do end up with them I'd kinda like to hear about their condition?? K&N's would be a plus. I just picked up a new set off Ebay for $55 bucks. I wonder what it would cost to chrome the OEM covers??? I seem to remember a member posting that he had a source for chroming plastic. Might not be the same style, but it would be bling.... :)

Edited by Condor

Guest tx2sturgis

06 Yamaha Royal Star Venture 1300 AIR BOX CLEANER

So why would I want my 'AIR BOX' cleaned?

I just wash them when I wash the whole bike...dont need no chromey ebay contraption to do it!

:think:

I looked on the Star Motorcycle sites and didn't see the covers listed any longer. At any rate, this seems like a fair price so far for anybody wanting them. I too would bet that the K&N filters are inside. That makes it an even better deal.

Yamaha still has them

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/4/83/404/all/all/13/0/detail.aspx

Yep....apparently I'm losing my searching skills. :) I have them on my bike and really like them. The chrome on mine is started to peel though. I'll see what it costs to have them re-chromed at some point. You would think that the chrome would be GREAT at that price but it's really not. I DID buy mine used off Ebay though.

Yep....apparently I'm losing my searching skills. :) I have them on my bike and really like them. The chrome on mine is started to peel though. I'll see what it costs to have them re-chromed at some point. You would think that the chrome would be GREAT at that price but it's really not. I DID buy mine used off Ebay though.

Hey Don;

I have a set of Jardines on my bike, they are 3 years old and the chrome is peeling vary badly! I bought them new, I guess this is why there was a little note in the box with the mufflers that said they " do not warrenty " the chrome. Kind of rubbed me the wrong way that they did not say anything about the chrome untill I received them and paid them the big buck! I will see about rechroming, if it is too much I will see about having the strpped and just paint or wrap them.

Don from Tn :buttkick:

the filters would have to be k&n if there are any with the air boxes, because the factory yamaha filters will not work under the yamaha chrome covers.

if you look at the yamaha site, they state that the k&n filters are required upon installation of the new covers.

i have them on mine and yup the price was nutts!! but hey it's CHROME!!!

who painted over :mo money:chrome??? wtf??:buttkick::ignore::bang head:

the filters would have to be k&n if there are any with the air boxes, because the factory yamaha filters will not work under the yamaha chrome covers.

if you look at the yamaha site, they state that the k&n filters are required upon installation of the new covers.

i have them on mine and yup the price was nutts!! but hey it's CHROME!!!

who painted over :mo money:chrome??? wtf??:buttkick::ignore::bang head:

Not sure I understand the K&N vs. OEM filter statement??? Since the OEM filter won't work with the billet cover, does that mean the K&N's will not work with an OEM cover??? Why would there be a difference, if any?? Would just like to know....?? :confused07:

Not sure I understand the K&N vs. OEM filter statement??? Since the OEM filter won't work with the billet cover, does that mean the K&N's will not work with an OEM cover??? Why would there be a difference, if any?? Would just like to know....?? :confused07:

Don't know why it says K&N filters are required with billet covers.I have billet covers now and stock filters, they fit just fine.My billet covers came with the bike,used 99,with 41000 on it.the chrome is peeling off on mine thats way I was bidding on this set.What sucks is after I placed my bid,believing a new set would cost$438.00 plus s&h,i found them at several on line stores for around $340.00.:yikes:Looks like everthing for the rsv is being discontinued.Which tells me the bike is being discontinued.Anyway,I did save a couple bucks by winning the bid.But not much.Hopefully there will be a set of k&n filters with them.That would help lesson the sting.:starz:

Don't know why it says K&N filters are required with billet covers.I have billet covers now and stock filters, they fit just fine.My billet covers came with the bike,used 99,with 41000 on it.the chrome is peeling off on mine thats way I was bidding on this set.What sucks is after I placed my bid,believing a new set would cost$438.00 plus s&h,i found them at several on line stores for around $340.00.:yikes:Looks like everthing for the rsv is being discontinued.Which tells me the bike is being discontinued.Anyway,I did save a couple bucks by winning the bid.But not much.Hopefully there will be a set of k&n filters with them.That would help lesson the sting.:starz:

Not to rub salt in a wound, but wouldn't it have been easier to take the peelers you have now and have them rechromed?? That's what I plan on doing with the chromed passenger boards I have on my '99... It'll be a while since they look great when up, and I ride solo mostly... the peeling is on the tread side, and it's minor.. so far.. BTW what are you going to do with your old set?? :big-grin-emoticon:

Not to rub salt in a wound, but wouldn't it have been easier to take the peelers you have now and have them rechromed?? That's what I plan on doing with the chromed passenger boards I have on my '99... It'll be a while since they look great when up, and I ride solo mostly... the peeling is on the tread side, and it's minor.. so far.. BTW what are you going to do with your old set?? :big-grin-emoticon:

Got a run around from the local chrome shops.plus it's not all that cheap.seems like they dont' want to deal with a small job like this.anywayThis was a lot easier.don't know yet what I'm doing with the set I have.Maybe I can sell them for $272.00 and recoop my losses.:whistling::crackup: